What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

The Isley Brothers - Definitive Collection (2007)

This is a single cd compilation therefore there is no way it could be a "Definitive Collection". The Isley's have been around for several decades so this is just a very small sampling of their music. On a couple of tracks the sound isn't what it should be. I could have done a better job and I don't know diddley about it. Otherwise this is ok. The artwork/liner notes are much better than the album by The Main Ingredient that I listed above. The Isley's are much bigger artists than the Main Ingredient. Everybody has heard of the Isley's but how many people have heard of or remember The Main Ingredient?

Having said that, I prefer the album by the Main Ingredient. :lol:

post-269-1223834140_thumb.jpgpost-269-1223834091_thumb.jpg

post-269-1223834058_thumb.jpgpost-269-1223834181_thumb.jpg

post-269-1223834231_thumb.jpgpost-269-1223834276_thumb.jpg

post-269-1223834318_thumb.jpgpost-269-1223834359_thumb.jpg

post-269-1223834394_thumb.jpg

Shout!

Who's That Lady?

Edited by DudeAsInCool

Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - Definitive Pop Collection (2006) 2cd

The tracks have been remastered for this compilation by Rhino. It's a very nice double disc set of their tunes. I could post the artwork but it's 16 pages plus the back and I figger no one is interested and I know I'm a lazy mofo. :lol:

Here are a pic, cover and track list whether you're interested or not. :lol:

post-269-1224043721_thumb.jpg

post-269-1224043753_thumb.jpg

post-269-1224043802_thumb.jpg

Tommy James & The Shondells - Definitive Pop Collection (2006) 2cd

Great 2cd set of 30 tracks that have been remastered but there was an excellent single disc (27 tracks) released in 1990 called "Anthology". Not much difference between the two of them. I bought the Anthology cheap some time back but I went ahead and bought this one anyway. I paid 7 bucks for this one. I had some money left over from buying ammo and....... No really I just figgered for 7 bucks I would see if there was noticeable difference in the sound. Guess what?? I haven't bothered to compare the two in a side by side test to see if I can hear the difference. Now that I think about it, I have no idea where the Anthology cd is located. :lol:

There is more artwork but this is all you get for free. :lol:

post-269-1224216599_thumb.jpg

post-269-1224216636_thumb.jpg

post-269-1224216704_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redneck4sure

Tommy James & The Shondells - Anthology (1989)

In the post above I said this compilation was released in 1990. Well it wasn't. It was 1989 and I'll prove it. Check the scans below. :lol:

Both this album and the Definitive Collection above are Rhino releases. I have found the Rhino cds to be of good sound quality and both of these sets are up to that standard. I can't hear the difference between the two compilations although the Definitive Collection says it was remastered. I'm old and cheap. So are my stereo components. You may be able to hear the difference but I can't. Being exposed to a bazillion rounds of gunfire will do that to you. :lol:

post-269-1224303513_thumb.jpgpost-269-1224303451_thumb.jpg

post-269-1224303480_thumb.jpgpost-269-1224303556_thumb.jpg

I saw The Shondells play at the Strawberry Fields Pop Festival - they were surprisingly good.

When? Where was that? Californie?

I saw them about 3 yrs ago and they still sounded good. The only original member of the band was Tommy James. It was an outside venue and the acoustics obviously weren't that good so it's a little hard to say if they were as good as they used to be. I had a good time and that's all that matters.

The other 5000 people were throwing shit but I had a good time. :lol:

Raphael Saadiq - Love That Girl, from the album The Way I See It, which has just been released

Nice tune. It sounds very much like 60's R&B. ...and that's a good thing. Here are the album cover and track list.

post-269-1224558753_thumb.jpg

01. Sure Hope You Mean It 03:40

02. 100 Yard Dash 02:18

03. Keep Marchin’ 02:38

04. Big Easy 03:19

05. Just One Kiss (feat. Joss Stone) 02:32

06. Love That Girl 03:04

07. Calling 03:45

08. Staying In Love 02:54

09. Oh Girl 03:35

10. Let’s Take A Walk 02:28

11. Never Give You Up (feat. Stevie Wonder & CJ Hilton) 04:13

12. Sometimes 04:06

13. Oh Girl (feat. Jay-Z) 03:42

Track 13 is some Jay-Z rap shit mixed in with real talent. This is a DAMN good album but they could have stopped at track 12. Track 13 isn't all that bad but rap doesn't appeal to me and the rest of the album is soooo good.

Redneck recommends.

Dude! That's awful! Tell the truth. Is the original as bad as that remix? :sick02:

I haven't heard the original. The Teenagers are a pretty good band, so i posted their version. They're into satire, fyi

The Teenagers - Homecoming

[male] "last week, I flew to san diego to see my auntie.

on day one, I met her hot step-daughter.

she's a cheerleader, she's a virgin, and she's really tan.

as she stepped out of her massive car,

I could only notice she was more than fuckable.

I think she was coming back from the game or something,

'cause she was holding those silly pom-poms

on day two, I fucked her, and it was wild.

she's such a slut."

[chorus]

[male] I fucked my american cunt

[female] I loved my english romance

[male] I fucked my american cunt

[female] I loved my english romance

etc

Koen Holtkamp - Night Swimmer (2008)

Koen Holtkamp co-founded the apestaartje collective/label in 1998 while studying at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Since then the label has relocated to Brooklyn. His current solo performances utilize acoustic instruments and objects played through a series of both analog and digital electronics to create an extremely gradual and hypnotic listening experience. 'Field Rituals', his first solo album under his own name will be released by UK based Type records in Oct 2008. - MySpace.