What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

"politician"...cream...from the album "live cream 1"... :)

Hey now baby, get into my big black car

I wanna just show you what my politics are.

I'm a political man and I practice what I preach

I'm a political man and I practice what I preach

So don't deny me baby, not while you're in my reach.

I support the left, tho' I'm leanin', leanin' to the right

I support the left, tho' I'm leanin' to the right

But I'm just not there when it's coming to a fight.

Hey, hey now baby, get into my big black car

I support the left, tho' I'm leanin'to the right

I support the left, tho' I'm leanin' to the right

But I'm just not there when, when it's coming to a fight.

Political man and I practice what I preach

Political man and I practice what I preach

But I'm just not there, when you're in my reach.

Hey, hey, hey

post-193-1175079728_thumb.jpg

"flatfoot sam"......paul jones (manfred mann, the blues band) does a great version of this ol` blues number ... :)

Paul Jones was the front man with the group Manfred Mann, co-composer of the signature tune to Ready, Steady, Go! and founder of The Blues Band....he is also rated as one of the greatest blues harp players in the world...

post-193-1175080381_thumb.jpg

post-193-1175080476_thumb.jpg

"mein teil"...rammstein..this is a little (13MB) WMV file..the video quality is patchy but still very watchable... the audio is good....this is the best vid i`ve seen of rammstein doing this infamous set.... this was from a concert in tangawa in japan in 2005.....the intro with the two guitatrists...Richard Zven "Scholle" Kruspe and Paul H. Landers ....both shredding is very cool....and the close up shots of vocalist Till Lindemann..and the stage props...are excellent..... :) :)

The song is inspired by the infamous case of Armin Meiwes and Bernd Jürgen Armando Brandes. In March 2001, in Rotenburg, Hessen, Germany, the two men in their 40's met each other, cut off Brandes' penis and the two ate it together. Afterwards, Meiwes killed Brandes—apparently with his consent—and ate his remains. As a result, Meiwes was originally sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in jail for manslaughter, but was later charged with murder and sentenced to life imprisonment. A prominent phrase in the song is "Denn du bist was du isst" ("Because you are what you eat"), which is obviously a humorous reference to cannibalism.

According to Rammstein's bassist Oliver "Ollie" Riedel, the song came about after "one of our members brought a newspaper to rehearsal and it had a story about the cannibal guy in it. We were fascinated, shocked and amused at the same time." [1] Vocalist Till Lindemann comments that "It's so sick that it becomes fascinating and there just has to be a song about it."

Mein Teil attracted considerable controversy in Germany (the media dubbed it the "Kannibalensong" (cannibal song)), which helped to boost it to second place in the German music charts after its release in early August 2004. Remixes of the song have been done by Arthur Baker and Pet Shop Boys.

At the beginning of the song, the phrase „Suche gut gebauten 18-30 jährigen zum Schlachten“ - Der Metzgermeister (Which translates to "Looking for a well built 18 to 30 year old to be slaughtered - The Master Butcher") is spoken. This is a quote taken from the online post by Armin Meiwes. This quote is only heard on the single version of the song.

Rammstein was nominated for "Mein Teil" in the category of "Best Metal Performance" in the 48th Annual Grammy Awards, which was held on February 8 in Los Angeles.

enjoy.... :) :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HOJCMOKL

post-193-1175486926.gif

post-193-1175486939_thumb.jpg

post-193-1175486967_thumb.jpg

thinking about you driving down to texas to see beatfactory (even though you made it all up), got me thinking about this song dude..... :lol:

"route 66"..a very cool dance-type version of this classic driving song by one of my favourite british bands Depeche Mode.... :)

enjoy.....http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U0PSGAKV

post-193-1175604720_thumb.jpg

post-193-1175604733_thumb.jpg

post-193-1175604756.jpg

Peter Gabriel - Book of Love from the soundtrack "Shall We Dance"

The book of love is long and boring

No one can lift the damn thing

It's full of charts and facts and figures and instructions for dancing

But I

I love it when you read to me

And you

You can read me anything