What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Here's another cut of the Kenny Rankin Album, Rankin's cover of My Guitar Gently Weeps. The video is kind of lame, but you his version is one of the best I've ever heard of the song

Andrew Shapiro - Detectors In The Eye Listen Here

From his website:

Fusing vocals with ambient streams and pulses, ANDREW SHAPIRO (b. 1975) creates a sound world that, according to New Music Box magazine, "blends the minimalist influence of Philip Glass with the moody pop sensibility of '80s New Wave."

Shapiro grew up in Larchmont, NY and later studied composition at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music. During an internship at Philip Glass's studio, Shapiro developed an instinct to merge classical and popular sensibilities after observing Glass do the same with his manuscripts.

June 2006 marked the release of Shapiro's second EP Quiet Kissing, an eclectic mixture of neo-'80s pop, longing ambient textures and solo piano. Shapiro's recording debut, Invisible Days (2003) was named one of the "Top 12" individually produced recordings of the year by Performing Songwriter magazine. Other recordings include his keyboard performances Piano Solo and Soundesign (Ambient Electronic).

Shapiro performs as a soloist, with his group Airbox and composes for a variety of noteworthy film and theater projects. He can also be heard performing his solo piano music at McDonald's in downtown Manhattan Sundays throughout the year.

post-9-1172568584_thumb.jpg

Victor Berman - Fairwell Lunch For Laura from the cd Arriving At Night

musicOMH.com describes this music best:

"Shuffling off-beat 'stumble-tronica' of opener Farewell Lunch for Laura calls to mind Album Leaf's earlier work, the hushed acoustics of Roger Eno and his brother Brian Eno and the more accessible part of Kieran Hebden's early Fridge project. Like a dusty MP3 that keeps sticking and colliding with other tunes, it marches to a jazz beat that switches gears like some post-hip hop downtime tune or some old DJ Shadow offcut."

post-9-1172571616_thumb.jpg

The Troggs - With A Girl Like You (1967)
:thumbsup:

Michael Nesmith - Tropical Campfires

A very nice copy that some liberal sent me. :o

I still have his name on my "do not cap" list. It is a very short list. :lol:

Lulu - Shout

It appears to be an import compilation of her early tunes. It's a very nice set but not listed in AMG. Totally different sound from her later work such as "To Sir With Love" and "Oh Me Oh My (I'm A Fool For You Baby)".

post-269-1172944355_thumb.jpg

The Pinker Tones - 'TMCR Grand Finale' is from the album 'The Million Colour Revolution'

The Pinker Tones are a Barcelona-based electronica duo, who incorporate everything from 1970s soul, contemporarry hip-hop to bossa nova, with lyrics in English, French, German, and Spanish.

post-9-1173067610_thumb.jpg