DudeAsInCool

the Wuppie song

if this song does not work????

send a mail to me

so i can send it by mail

to all Football fans

Edited by DUTCH-ONLINE

Big Sky Country - Chris Whitley

Whitley was born in Houston, Texas. Though relatively unknown to the mainstream, he worked with many top named musicians throughout his career. In 1991, U2/Peter Gabriel producer Daniel Lanois and his protégé, Malcolm Burn, recorded Whitley's debut album Living With the Law (Malcolm Burn also produced 2005's Soft Dangerous Shores). In 2000, Whitley worked with Chris Wood and Billy Martin from the famed trio of Medeski, Martin and Wood, on the Perfect Day album. Others like Dave Matthews and Bruce Hornsby also appeared on 2001's Rocket House.

Whitley played a unique brand of confessional acoustic blues, mixed with inspired modern rock. His lyrics often contained overt sexual references and sometimes bordered on the surreal. An avid fan of jazz saxophone legend John Coltrane, Whitley was the master of the National guitar, made famous by many of the great Mississippi delta blues players of the 1930's. Whitley also appeared in the concert documentary Hellhounds on my Trail - The Afterlife of Robert Johnson, with Grateful Dead guitarist Bob Weir, Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green, jam band Gov't Mule, and blues guitarist Keb' Mo. In addition to recording his original material, Whitley has also guested on albums by Mike Watt, Rob Wasserman, Cassandra Wilson, Dave Pirner (of Soul Asylum) and Shawn Colvin.

"The notable constant has been the quality of craftmanship, and the consistent question of how Whitley's combination of super songs, muscular-but-poetic lyrics, athletic voice and rock-god guitar work hasn't earned him a wider audience." - Detroit Free Press

"The post-Hendrix explosion of whammybar wankers hasn't produced a single axeman who can compare to Chris Whitley. His eerie, bluesy voice and American gothic tunes frequently draw attention from the fact that he picks like a pissed off Doc Watson jacked through a Marshall stack" - RollingStone.com

[edit]

Health and death

In fall 2005, Chris Whitley cancelled his tour due to health issues. Dan Whitley, his brother, revealed on November 11, 2005 that he was "in a comfortable warm home with hospice care at his disposal". Later that week it was revealed that he was terminally ill with lung cancer. On November 20, 2005, his death (at the age of 45) was announced by Dan Whitley and Chris' daughter, Trixie Whitley.

[edit]

Tributes

Although Chris Whitley never achieved mass fame, his passing has resonated throughout the music community and garnered coverage and press throughout the world. Ranging from Time magazine, the New York Times, National Public Radio and a tribute mention at the 2006 Grammy Awards. His albums Living With The Law and Dirt Floor are regarded as classics, and passionate advocates abound for any of his dozen or so other releases, from the psychedelic Din Of Ecstasy to the electronica of Rocket House to the dark, jazzy minimalism of Hotel Vast Horizon and the raw sonic power of his epitaph Reiter In.

Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, John Mayer, Don Henley, Iggy Pop and Keith Richards all count themselves admirers of Whitley's music. Dave Matthews has said, "I feel more passion for his music than I do for my own. I have a fervent, religious devotion to the magic that Chris Whitley makes". Longtime friend and producer, Daniel Lanois said, "Chris Whitley, my friend since 1988. The deep soul he was gifted with is the soul that challenged his life journey. I will forever remember his beauty." - Wikipedia

post-9-1151133871_thumb.jpg

I like Manfred Mann :)

Dancing - By Doveman - From the album Acrobat

i have the pleasure of knowing manfred mann earth band vocalist chris thompson personally....although born in england his parents came out to nz when he was a young child and he was bought up as a new zealander (in the city of Christchurch in the south island)....and did the amazing vocals on "blinded by the light"....which i am listening to now.....howdy dutch..nice to see you.......... :) :)

post-193-1151269726.jpg

post-193-1151269734.jpg

"50,000 Miles Beneath My Brain"...10 years after from the album "cricklewood green" (April 1970)... :) :)

I want to know you

I want to show you

I want to grow you

Inside of me

I want to see you

I want to free you

I want to be you

Inside of me

Love me 50,000 miles beneath my brain

Love me 50,000 times and then again

Can you love me with a thousand eyes?

Can you see right through my bones?

Can you kiss me with a thousand lips?

Can you melt a solid stone?

Can you hear me from a thousand miles

When you're screaming at the stars?

Can you pull me up to Jupiter

When I'm all hung up on Mars?

Burn my eyes with your flame

Let your world spin free

Let it go, baby

I'll do the same

All depends on me

Let it go

It's all the same

What with jewels that you can't see

Love me, love me, love me, love me, love me, babe

Bring it on home to me...

post-193-1151824017_thumb.jpg

Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs

"Andrew Bird is a previously unimaginable combination of songwriter, violinist, guitarist, vocalist and professional whistler. His unfailingly unique and striking music has been dumbfounding us for years. Bird's first studio album in nearly two years, The Mysterious Production of Eggs, is his second on Righteous Babe Records. The album follows Weather Systems, his critically-acclaimed mini-LP, released in spring 2003."

post-9-1151825121.jpg

Tom Petty - You Wreck Me, Baby (Live At Bonnaroo, 2006) - the guitar solo includes an ode to Jerry Garcia...

The Association - 1968 album, "Birthday" and 1967 album, "Insight Out".

I saw them play once at the local college in high school--they had strobe lights and I was stoned :lol:

post-9-1151904872_thumb.jpg