What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Wine and Blood - Gov't Mule

good choice mate..one of my favourite bands..i`ve got a lot of their live stuff..my fave govt mule track..."thorazine shuffle"....closely followed by "lively up yourself" jam.... :)

post-193-1149715203.jpg

"rolling and tumbling"...imogen heap and jeff beck from the album "you had it coming" (2000)...... a first rate version of the old blues classic....blues on speed......get it... :)

thanx for the turn on, Kiwi - now that was delicious :)

thanx for the turn on, Kiwi - now that was delicious :)

you`re welcome mate..... :)

"yankee rose"..enuff z`nuff.....also some tasty riffing and shredding from the master of shred, ex-dokken guitarist george lynch....one of my heroes....with a great cover of the van halen classic "panama" from the compilation album..A MILLENIUM TRIBUTE TO DIAMOND DAVID LEE ROTH - JUST LIKE PARADISE..(2006)..good stuff... :)

post-193-1149761591.jpg

Two pop tunes:

Shoot You Down - I Am the World Trade Center

Steady As She Goes - The Raconteurs

hey guys..i have just discovered that i really like the track"bullets" from the album "weathered" by....wait for it...creed...... :o:o...do i need a bullet??...am i going to be ok??....is everything going to be all right??..help me..HELP ME!!!!!

post-193-1149844646_thumb.jpg

to try and regain my musical credibility after that shocking creed backslide..... i`m now listening to "pincushion" from the zz top album "antenna"(January 18, 1994)..nice heavy riffing and a couple of good lead solos from billy gibbons.......sometimes i wonder if he (gibbons) really is that good a guitar player, but i digress....not a bad album at all... :)

post-193-1149854880_thumb.jpg

Wolfmother-Wolfmother

Just got it today, it rocks

i`ve heard these guys..they`re not too bad for an aussie band........ :)

dudeasincool.....speaking of blue cheer as we were...... :)

"Debut Album by one of the Most Talked About Australian Rock Outfits. Their Music Incorporates 60's and 70's Hard Rock Influenced Styles A la Blue Cheer, with Some Psychedelic Riffs Thrown In. On this Debut They have also Re-recorded all Four Tracks from their Debut EP."

"The group has a hard rock sound all their own - one that incorporates elements of all the classic hard rock people knew and loved so long ago in rock's golden age."

"Fast-paced, hard and heavy bluesy rock is what this group serves up...Hard rock riffs galore"

"Wolfmother recorded and released their self-titled debut album in October 2005 in their native Australia, and in April 2006 in America. The album was recorded in Los Angeles, and was produced by Dave Sardy. The band's lineup consists of Andrew Stockdale on vocals and guitar, Chris Ross on bass and keyboards, and Myles Heskett on drums. Tracklist for the band's debut album consists of Dimension, White Unicorn, Woman, Where Eagles Have Been, Apple Tree, Joker And The Thief, Colossal, Mind's Eye, Pyramid, Witchcraft, Tales From The Forest Of Gnomes, Love Train, and Vagabond."

post-193-1149898095_thumb.jpg

"slime time" from the new wishbone ash album "clan destiny"..(May 16, 2006).....

..this album features the recording debut of original guitarist/vocalist Andy Powell`s new guitarist sidekick Muddy Manninen, who has been playing live with the band since late 2004....and he is excellent, he adds some tremendous slide guitar playing, probably the best slide player they have ever had..(only my opinion).. :) the new album is classic Wishbone Ash, with the famous twin lead guitar sound well to the foreground....again in my view Clan Destiny is their best album in many years.... :) :)

post-193-1149899078_thumb.jpg

"down to the doctor" and "milk and alcohol"......doctor feelgood..from the album "malpractice" (1975)...

Dr Feelgood, in their original incarnation of Lee Brilleaux, Wilko Johnson, John B Sparks and The Big Figure...

One of the greatest british live/pub rock/R & B bands of the `70`s....straight from Canvey Island.....highly under-rated...i saw them on tour in a backwoods pub in a little timber town in nz many, many years ago one very drunken night....one of the best live concerts i have ever seen......lee brilleaux on vocals and harp and wilco johnson`s blues guitar playing had to be seen to be believed..... :)

post-193-1150006500_thumb.jpg

post-193-1150006510_thumb.jpg