What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

I'm listening to a really fantastic cut from the cookie thief :) and you know what, she's really talented

Can't Take It In Imogen Heap The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

"slave of time"...vocals....glenn hughes.....guitar....matt filippini....from the album MOONSTONE PROJECT - Time To Take A Stand (may 2006)...very nice indeed..... :) :)

MOONSTONE PROJECT:

Glenn Hughes (vocals)

Matt Filippini (guitar)

Ian Paice (drums)

Kelly Keeling (vocals

Carmine Appice (drums)

Graham Bonnet (vocals)

Steve Walsh (vocals)

James Christian (vocals)

Paul Shortino (vocals)

Eric Bloom (vocals)

Gianluca Tagliavini (keyboards)

Nik Mazzucconi (bass)

Alex Mori (drums)

Howie Simon (guitar)

Tracks:

1. Slave Of Time

2. Not Dead Yet

3. Fire And Water

4. Rose In Hell

5. Beggar Of Love

6. Where Do You Hide The Blues You've Got

7. City Of Lites

8. Pictures Of My Lonely Days

9. On The Way To Moonstone

post-193-1149038148_thumb.jpg

"the hunter"..from the album "schenker/pattison..the endless jam continues" (2005)......a rip-roaring version of the old led zeppelin classic....

Im usually not very fond of cover or tribute albums, but I am quite impressed with the Michael Schenker (Scorpions, UFO, MSG)....Davey Pattison (Montrose, Robin Trower) collaboration The Endless Jam, which was released a year ago. Not that their versions of the classic rock and blues tracks were so special, but it has been a long time since I heard Schenker so inspired in his soloing.

Now the duo is back with the aptly titled The Endless Jam Continues. Again theyve chosen an impressive list of great rock tracks and put their marks on it. Its not easy to play songs like Derek & The Dominoes Layla, Cream`s Badge and George Harrison`s While My Guitar Gently Weeps and not fall flat on your face, but again, Schenker and Pattison deliver big time. Again, they stick very close to the originals, but its the guitar playing that makes this a standout album. The German guitar ace is on a roll again....his solos are lengthy, fluid and inspired. You can hear that he is really enjoying himself on these tracks. Davey Pattison has a great voice, and though he can`t quite capture Eric Clapton`s desperate wailing on Layla, or Paul Rodger`s soul on Rock Steady and The Hunter, he does a very good job nonetheless. Backing them up is the solid rhythm section of Aynsley Dunbar (Journey, Whitesnake, UFO,) and Tim Bogert (Vanilla Fudge, Cactus, Beck, Bogert & Appice).

My favourites? Just listen to those solos on Layla and While My Guitar Gently Weeps and youll know. Id Love To Change The World (Ten Years After) is good too. Humble Pies I Dont Need No Doctor, is also one of the highlights on this album..... :) :)

post-193-1149383727_thumb.jpg

post-193-1149383739_thumb.jpg

Hanasakajiii - A Great Wind & More Ash Anathallo

This is a really fantastic band from the midwest that few people have heard of. I posted some stuff in the download links and you should really check them out.

You're welcome.

The Fog - Girls In Hawaii - Live On KCRW; the live performance is even better than their album :)

Can't Take It In - Imogen Heap

"rolling and tumbling"...imogen heap and jeff beck from the album "you had it coming" (2000)...... a first rate version of the old blues classic....blues on speed......get it... :)

post-193-1149539264_thumb.jpg

post-193-1149539411_thumb.jpg

Hey, Kiwi, I certainly would like to get my hands on that Jeff Beck/Imogen Heap cut :)

What Else Is There - Royksopp The Understanding

Hey, Kiwi, I certainly would like to get my hands on that Jeff Beck/Imogen Heap cut :)

What Else Is There - Royksopp The Understanding

i`ll locate it for you mate..... :)