Back In Black - Ac/dc (1980)

DudeAsInCool

Back in Black - AC/DC (1980)

In the middle of album rehearsals, singer Bon Scott went on a drinking spree; he choked on his own vomit and was found dead in the back seat of a car. After two days of mourning, guitarist Malcolm Young thought, "Well, fuck this, I'm not gonna sit around mopin' all fuckin' year." He called his brother, guitarist Angus Young, and they went back to work with replacement vocalist Brian Johnson. The resulting album has the relentless logic of a sledgehammer. Back in Black might be the purest distillation of hard rock ever: The title track, "Hells Bells" and "You Shook Me All Night Long" have all become enduring anthems of strutting blues-based guitar.

Total album sales: 19 million

Peak chart position: 4

• 4 months later...

very cool album.....used to thrash the hell out of it...the intro to" those about to rock " still rings in my ears...listened to it in many biker (and ordinary) bars..met bon scott in aussie round about the time of " dirty deeds done dirt cheap " and partied hard in sydney with him and an aussie mate of mine (now sadly passed on)...ahhh those were the days

fave ac/dc track?.." Bad Boy Boogie "

fave ac/dc album?..." If You Want Blood You've Got It " (wicked cover art)...

Ac Dc - BAD BOY BOOGIE Lyrics

Let There Be Rock (1977)

If You Want Blood - You've Got It (live) (1978)

(Young, Young, Scott)

On the day I was born the rain fell down

There was trouble brewing in my home town

It was the seventh day, I was the seventh son

And it scared the hell out of everyone

They said stop, I said go

They said fast, I said slow

They said yes, I said no

I do the bad boy boogie

Being a bad boy ain't that bad

I've had me more dirty women than most men ever had

All you women come along with me

And I'll show you how good a bad boy can be

I said right and they said left

I said east and they said west

I said up and they said down

I do the bad boy boogie all over town

I wanna tell you no story, tell you no lie

I was born to love till the day I die

I just line them up and I knock them down

And they all came running when the word got round

(Just keep a running)

I said up, they said down

They said straight, I said round

They said lost, I said found

I said free and they said bound

Bad boy boogie

post-37-1088039139.jpg

Edited by kiwibank

.met bon scott in aussie round about the time of " dirty deeds done dirt cheap " and partied hard in sydney with him and an aussie mate of mine (now sadly passed on)...ahhh those were the days

Were you a rocker, Kiwi? Did you play?

.met bon scott in aussie round about the time of " dirty deeds done dirt cheap " and partied hard in sydney with him and an aussie mate of mine (now sadly passed on)...ahhh those were the days

Were you a rocker, Kiwi? Did you play?

i am passable on the guitar but never played seriously..because new zealand was a small country i knew most of the musos from those days....aussie was the same..new zealand rockers used to travel across the " ditch " (the tasman sea) all the time to make it in aussie ( i knew most of them, went to school with some of them, partied and practiced multiple substance abuse with many of them .. a lot of the top musicians and bands in aussie in the `60`s and `70`s (and `80`s if you count split enz and crowded house) actually are new zealanders...the aussies just say that they are from australia.....they`ve been trying to steal our best of every thing for years...bon scott was a mate of an irish/australian friend of mine who used to live with me in new zealand years ago...he (my mate) actually played with an early edition of ac/dc when they (ac/dc) were doing the pub circuit in sydney and melbourne,and were huge in aussie and new zealand even then with a very large cult/pub following in those days..we hung out on that circuit with them for a few drunken months.....

below is a pic of another friend of mind, kevin borich...we went to college in auckland together in the early `60`s..he has opened for ac/dc in america during the late `70`s and is the top guitarist down here still although he`s starting to get a bit old now.....see if you can track down some of his stuff..kevin borich express...incredible blues/rock guitarist

" Winner of innumerable "Best Guitarist" polls, Borich played such a scorching set at the 1977 Rockarena concert that Carlos Santana (also on the bill) invited him onstage to participate in the Santana encore. "

" Oz rock/blues guitar legend

Kevin Borich maintains a revered reputation as a wicked performer, songwriter and phenomenal ax-man. Rated one of the worlds finest blues-based players with an ever-present edge of excitement. Borich will take you on a musical epic from the deepest blues to the potent force that made him one of our hottest rockers. "

Guitar Guru Just Keeps on Plucking

Who: Kevin Borich

Where: Club Phoenix

Author: Sarah Allport

When: Saturday December 29, 2001

" IT'S not often an artist continues to make albums and perform live after more than 30 years in the business but Kevin Borich is one of the few exceptions.

The renowned guitarist has played with some of the most talented musicians in the world, including Santana, and was a support act for Elton John and Status Quo. But Borich is not just a support act or special guest.

He has had an impressive career in his own right, stemming from his beginnings with New Zealand band La-De-Das. The La-De-Das recorded more than 20 albums and survived the transition from the '60s to the '70s. They eventually split, leaving Borich as a solo artist.

He then formed a three-piece band called The Kevin Borich Express, featuring John Annas on drums and Harry Brus on bass, two of the most respected musicians in Australia.

Not only has Kevin Borich endured the changes in society but his music has remained fresh.

Borich uses an old 1930s National Steel Acoustic guitar to add variety to the show.

Borich has not only made good music, he has set the standard for other guitarists.

After the Rockarena in 1977 at Calder Park Raceway, during which Santana invited Borich onstage to jam, Santana said Borich was one of the best guitarists he had ever played with. "

His latest album Heart Starter again showcases Borich's talent that Santana spoke of.

"La De Da Legend released March 1975…their last album, it contained on side one 6 tracks, mostly from non-album singles (GONNA SEE MY BABY TONIGHT, MORNING GOOD MORNING, I GUESS I’LL NEVER STOP LOVING YOU, etc..)…plus 4 killer cuts on side two from their last recording sessions, including a fantastic version of“All Along The Watchtower” – in which, Borich’s guitar playing is PHENOMENAL!!! "

i have watched him play " all along the watchtower " live at the sundbury festival in aussie in 1972...incredible.....

http://www.kevinborich.com/

post-37-1088079905.jpg

Edited by kiwibank

When Back in Black was written the AC/DC band felt the prescence of Bon Scott's ghost in the recording studio. They then wrote it about him.

This makes the album even more interesting! :bigsmile:

AC/DC's best album is without a shadow of a doubt "highway to hell".

"walk all over you" "touch too much" "love hungry man"

awesome stuff.

yep, that`s my next favourite after " if you want blood "....bon scott was a real 1% er...and a wicked rock vocalist as well....

BON SCOTT

" Many years ago I had the opportunity to work with a very unique musician -Bon Scott.

At that time Bon was with an Australian rock group called 'Fraternity'. Well - work with him is a bit of an exaggeration - I designed, built and operated the PA (amplifiers) for many of the rock groups active in South Australia at that time, and Bon liked the penetrating but clear power that came from my equipment. Bon lived for lyrics - and he wanted the audience to hear every word.

I most vividly remember Bon at the Largs Pier Hotel (which was one of the key hang-outs for 'heavy' rockers at that time). Off stage he was a quiet and unassuming guy, nice to be with, and despite his sexist philosophy, maybe even the type of guy you would let your daughter go out with. All this stupid hype I read in the press about devils and stuff is pure bullshit. He was basically a nice guy with a strong impish streak (and a minor criminal record) (who drank far too much).

That impish streak is what fascinates me, to this day, with this man.

For me, the definitive Bon Scott comes through most clearly on the Australian release of "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" (available also in the UK) (ALBERT 465258 2). ( I am sure that the humor of Harry Vanda and George Young, who produced this record, also crept in there a little!!)

Table of contents:

1. Dirty deeds done dirt cheap

2. Ain't no fun (waiting round to be a millionaire)

3. There's gonna be some rockin'

4. Problem child

5. Sqealer

6. Big Balls"

7. r.i.p. (Rock in peace)

8. Ride on

9. Jailbreak

For many years this album was 'censored' or 'altered' in the USA release, and the continuity of the musical production ruined. Make sure you buy the correct version (probably an import). "

Ac Dc - DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP Lyrics

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Aus) (1976)

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1981)

LIVE (1992)

SINGLE: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap/Big Balls-The Jack

(Young, Young, Scott)

If you're havin' trouble with your high school head

He's givin' you the blues

You wanna graduate but not in 'is bed

Here's what you gotta do -

Pick up the phone

I'm always home

Call me any time

Just ring

36 24 36 hey

I lead a life of crime

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Dirty Deeds and they're Done Dirt Cheap

You got problems in your life of love

You got a broken heart

He's double dealin' with your best friend

That's when the teardrops start -

Pick up the phone

I'm here alone

Or make a social call

Come right in

Forget about him

We'll have ourselves a ball

If you got a lady and you want her gone

But you ain't got the guts

She keeps naggin' at you night and day

Enough to drive you nuts -

Pick up the phone

Leave her alone

It's time you made a stand

For a fee

I'm happy to be

Your back door man

Concrete shoes, cyanide, TNT

Done Dirt Cheap

Neckties, contracts, high voltage

Done Dirt Cheap

http://www.guitaretab.com/a/ac-dc/133.html

ahhh...dirty deeds...done dirt cheap!!!!

post-37-1088120988.jpg

Edited by kiwibank

Back In Black was the first album I ever bought with my own money! God I'm old... <_>

Nah...yer still rockin' :good job: :electroguitar:

• 2 years later...

For my money, Highway to Hell is their best from front to back. The title cut is my least favorite, probably because it's played to death.

The cool thing about AC/DC is the simplicity of their music. You get a few guys together for the first time and they just want to jam, invariably, every knows AC/DC cuts. They're simple to play, but they rock. I used to love playing their songs in a couple of bands I was in, because not only were they fun to play, but their backing vocals were something I could do without embarrassing myself.

But I digress...

I remember when Back in Black came out. I was a soph or a jr. in high school. Among us metal heads, the anticipation darn near reached a fever pitch. there was much debate in the smoking area at school. (Yes, we used to be allowed to smoke in school. You older cats will attest to this, right?)

This guy is gonna blow.

Maybe not.

BON SCOTT RULES!!!

I don't care, long as Angus is on it, I'm buying it.

Will his vocal style fit?

They should have snagged Ozzy.

I mean, this was a major event in metal circles.

So, when it came out, I was one of the ones that liked it right away, but because of the guitarwork. But, every AC/DC I've ever owned, I bought because of the guitars. ( I had to keep seeing this girl for, like, two months longer than I wanted to, because she had an awesome stereo and I wanted to play the new album on it.)

So, I'd say it was a pretty even split when it came out, with maybe a slight leaning towards the liking Brian Johnson side.

There was never any question about the music. Back in Black is right there with the best of them. A tried and true heavy metal classic.

Come to think of it, Highway to Hell & Back in Black should both probably be in the top 50 metal albums, if not the top 25.

With two different vocalists. Pretty cool.

( I had to keep seeing this girl for, like, two months longer than I wanted to, because she had an awesome stereo and I wanted to play the new album on it.)

:lol: