Rumsfeld 9/11 Commemoration

AnalogKid

Rumsfeld Planning 9-11 Party/Country Music Concert

For many, the upcoming September 11th anniversary will be a time for somber reflection. Apparently not for Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. This week, he announced the Pentagon will hold a massive march and country music concert to mark the fourth anniversary of 9/11. Rumsfeld is calling the event the "America Supports You Freedom Walk." The march will start at the Pentagon and end at the National Mall with a show by country star Clint Black. Black is the man behind the song "I Raq and Roll," a song that conflates Saddam Hussein with "the devil" who attacked the United States on 9/11. One verse of the song goes, "We can't ignore the devil, he'll keep coming back for more ... If they won't show us their weapons, we might have to show them ours. It might be a smart bomb -- they find stupid people, too. And if you stand with the likes of Saddam, one just might find you." The announcement of this 9/11 celebration and concert outraged victim's family groups and veterans organizations.

http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/2005/n...50809-4386.html

Happy Usama Bin Laden Appreciation Day!

Sincerely,

Donald Rumsfeld & The US Federal Government

Maybe some of the funds of the celebration should go to buying some decent body armor for the troops in Iraq. <_>

Rumsfeld is calling the event the "America Supports You Freedom Walk." The march will start at the Pentagon and end at the National Mall with a show by country star Clint Black. Black is the man behind the song "I Raq and Roll," a song that conflates Saddam Hussein with "the devil" who attacked the United States on 9/11.

If Clint Black is singing it than it must be true. Never mind they never found any evidence to support any any of this. :rolleyes:

first they fucked the 9/11 survivors' families and now they're shitting (and honky-tonkin') on their graves. what's really sorry is that there's a shitload of people who think this is a great idea. :nope:

After incorporating the cornfield of jokes from "Hee Haw" into the entertainment, Cheney, Condi, W & Rove are planning on singing "Gloom, Despair, and Agony on Me..." as an encore.

Officer Says Pentagon Barred Sharing Pre-9/11 Qaeda Data With F.B.I.

WASHINGTON, Aug. 16 - A military intelligence team repeatedly contacted the F.B.I. in 2000 to warn about the existence of an American-based terrorist cell that included the ringleader of the Sept. 11 attacks, according to a veteran Army intelligence officer who said he had now decided to risk his career by discussing the information publicly. The officer, Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer, said military lawyers later blocked the team from sharing any of its information with the F.B.I.

http://nytimes.com/2005/08/16/politics/16c...artner=homepage

I still believe that when Cheney saw that first plane hit the WTC, he high-fived whoever was standing next to him, yelling "YES!!!!!!"

"Now we can have a WAR!" he said to whoever that was standing next to him. :Here's to you:

Of course, thanks Farenheit 911, we know what America's #1 Idiot was doing at that time

That they would want to have a frigging parade to celebrate the greatest loss of American lives on American soil EVER suprises me not.

And where is Boy George now? On the same 5 week long vacation he took just before 9/11...:reallymad:

I still believe that when Cheney saw that first plane hit the WTC, he high-fived whoever was standing next to him, yelling "YES!!!!!!" 

:yup:

:mad:

and i still believe that idiotic look on bush's face as he sat there for 9 (or whatever it was) minutes meant 'holy shit...they actually did it! what the fuck do i do NOW?'

and i still believe that idiotic look on bush's face as he sat there for 9 (or whatever it was) minutes meant 'holy shit...they actually did it! what the fuck do i do NOW?'

I think it's because he never found out the ending to "My Pet Goat."

• 3 weeks later...

no irony whatsoever here: tight constraints on pentagon freedom walk:

Organizers of the Pentagon's 9/11 memorial Freedom Walk on Sunday are taking extraordinary measures to control participation in the march and concert, with the route fenced off and lined with police and the event closed to anyone who does not register online by 4:30 p.m. today.

The march, sponsored by the Department of Defense, will wend its way from the Pentagon to the Mall along a route that has not been specified but will be lined with four-foot-high snow fencing to keep it closed and "sterile," said Allison Barber, deputy assistant secretary of defense.

The U.S. Park Police will have its entire Washington force of several hundred on duty and along the route, on foot, horseback and motorcycles and monitoring from above by helicopter. Officers are prepared to arrest anyone who joins the march or concert without a credential and refuses to leave, said Park Police Chief Dwight E. Pettiford...

...officers would patrol to keep interlopers out because the Pentagon restricted the event in its permit application. "That is what their permit called for, so we have those fences to keep the public out."...

...What's unusual for an event on the Mall is the combination of fences, required preregistration and the threat of arrest...

LOL, you have the freedom to be screened, approved and registered. morons. :lol:

"Closed and sterile" ????? Maybe they ought to change the event's name to Closed and Sterile Event, as there is nothing about Freedom to this event :reallymad:

U.S. Park Police will have its entire Washington force of several hundred on duty and along the route, on foot, horseback and motorcycles and monitoring from above by helicopter. Officers are prepared to arrest anyone who joins the march or concert without a credential and refuses to leave, said Park Police Chief Dwight E. Pettiford.

The organizers say that they would like to have a more open event but that the police requested this. WTF????

"Closed and sterile" ????? Maybe they ought to change the event's name to Closed and Sterile Event, as there is nothing about Freedom to this event :reallymad:

The organizers say that they would like to have a more open event but that the police requested this. WTF????

It's called a bald-faced lie, Dude....something this administration does and the media networks don't question.

cheapass dogtags/bullshit propaganda for the 'freedom' walk: 'I grew up with guns and army-men and GI-Joe, etc. I realize that the driving force behind the existence of those things was commercial... Boys like guns and toy soldiers and GI-Joes so companies make them, sell them and even do things to heighten demand for them.

Toy dog-tags from Stars and Stripes is a bit of a different story, though, I think. (This is where I get overly liberal). We have a national myth about the infallability of the American dogface GI and the righteousness and glory that is allegedly inherent in every war. Part of perpetuating that is fetishizing(?) war "things" for children and young men. Presenting a child with a set of toy dog tags sends a subtle positive message about the military, soldiering and the war.' from here

post-91-1126342709.jpg

To me, The Project for the New American Century, a think tank to which the likes of Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz have signed to off on the principles of the group, is the neo-con confession to 9/11 and what they really plan.

Oddly enough it isn't oil, but their warped view of world peace.

According to them, only if the U.S. military is transformed into an imperialistic force for global domination, can peace be achieved. They of course dont use those words.

But what they do say in their core objectives is [america needs to]:

fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars.

Perform the 'constabulary' duties associated with shaping the security environment in critical regions

So, kill lots of people and act as world policemen - big difference!

On 9/11 they got their "catastrophic and catalyzing event—like a new Pearl Harbor," to get the american people behind this plan. What is a few dead bodies in order to achieve peace?

Four years after they got the event they wanted, it would be interesting to create a checklist of everything the think tank set out to achieved back in 1997. Then tick off those already done (war with iraq and increased military spending to 3.8% of GDP would be the obvious two), leaving us with what we have to look forward to.

More war, more dead, america ruling the world.

At least it will be peaceful.

Makes interesting reading:

http://www.newamericancentury.org

Good summary:

http://www.americanfreepress.net/12_24_02/...l_harbored.html

American Free Press asked Christopher Maletz, assistant director of the PNAC about what was meant by the need for “a new Pearl Harbor.”

“They needed more money to up the defense budget for raises, new arms, and future capabilities,” Maletz said. “Without some disaster or catastrophic event” neither the politicians nor the military would have approved, Maletz said.

The “new Pearl Harbor,” in the form of the terror attacks of Sept. 11, provided the necessary catalyst to put the global war plan into effect. Congress quickly allocated $40 billion to fund the “war on terrorism” shortly after 9-11.

This event seems more tailored to honor the Bush administration rather than the famalies of the 911 victims - the day should be their's and their's alone...

http://nytimes.com/2005/09/11/nyregion/11cnd-attack.html

Just curious...can anyone name me the last time a government agency organized a (ostensively) private march and concert like this? And isnt it odd that they mixed honoring the 911 relatives as well as the troops fighting in Iraq? Shouldn't they be separate issues, and shouldnt the public be invited to both?