Hooking Your Computer To Your Stereo

DudeAsInCool

Symphony in PC

How to get your computer and stereo to make beautiful music together.

Now that we all have thousands of songs on our hard drives, I'm tempted to import all my CDs onto my Mac and store the originals in a cool, dry place. While I have no problem saying goodbye to my discs, I won't sacrifice sound quality. I rip all of my tracks using hi-fidelity formats, and I circumvent my low-grade computer speakers by hooking my Mac up to the living-room stereo system. That's where the roadblock comes—when I connect the computer to the stereo, my tunes sound faded and distorted. How can you play music off your computer without it sounding like a faded cassette tape?

The trick is to bypass the built-in sound hardware. Your desktop's soundcard, not digital file compression, is the weak link in PC music.

Read more here:

http://www.slate.com/id/2123672/

good article dude....it`s a simple process......attach a 500 WATT RMS Technics amplifier to your pc via one of the in/out or auxiliary audio connections located at the back of your `puter.....then attach 4 (yes that`s right...i said four) 350 WATT RMS Tecnics speakers to the amp......then stand well back..... :)

or you could do this....... :)

post-88-1123637646.gif

So I should be ok if my rear panel has a S/P-DIF (digital audio, coax) output. I currently have my rear channels hooked up to a wireless Sony sending unit and my front to an integrated sub-woofer, L/R speaker system. Let me say that Doom 3 fricking shakes the room when this system is running.

So I should be ok if my rear panel has a S/P-DIF (digital audio, coax) output. I currently have my rear channels hooked up to a wireless Sony sending unit and my front to an integrated sub-woofer, L/R speaker system. Let me say that Doom 3 fricking shakes the room when this system is running.

To connect the audio output of your computer, you should use the "line" output of your sound card. You use a 3.5mm mini phone plug to Rca jack adapter with a RCA jack stereo cable which goes to the audio input of your sound system, such as the "aux" input, or if you want to use your computer to record audio from your sound system as well, you should use the "tape in" and "tape out" jacks. Most audio systems have two tape ins and outs so you can use your computer as a tape recorder as well as a regular cassette deck.

this is the way i did it..you can get this in any stereo shop already made up....... :)

post-88-1123654139.jpg