The Browser Wars are hereby Over!

KiwiCoromandel

It is ironic. Just when the Web is going great guns, just when the post-crash bubble is bubbling, just when Google hits $300 and when Time Warner and Murdoch and Disney have emerged from their collective dalliances and started to create some solid Web content, the browser is so over, so five-minutes ago, so last week.

You have been put on notice: the browser wars are over. Moz doesn't matter. IE is irrelevant. Opera is doing a swan song. Why? In a word, iTunes. And the implications for everyone from Web publishers to you, the hyper-clocked tricked-out geek, are enormous. In fact, being the hyper geek means you can cash in on this trend now. You heard it here first.

read on........

http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20050713/index.html

post-88-1121298299.jpg

Is this guy stupid?

How is podcasting and other such bullshit going to render web browsers obsolete?

This is such a mountain of stupid, I'm actually having trouble defining exactly what he said, because none of it makes any sense.

their directory server, their extensions to RSS to include content tags especially for iTunes, their portal if you will - will be the number one destination on the Internet.

What the hell is this guy talking about? Who cares about #1 destinations? The Internet as a whole is what I like. Is Apple going to give me file sharing news? Is Apple going to provide me newsgroups access? Is Apple going to provide me all my web mail needs? Is Apple going to be an online auction site? Is Apple going to be the Internet?

Color me confused.

Too bad Microsoft didn't lock up the portal market

Portal market?

What the fuck?

It is how we all will be getting our content in the future, coming to a computer near you.

Unless Apple starts letting me pirate everything in existence (music, movies, games, applications) like I do now, and unless Apple starts giving me everything else.............actually I'd still want more than one source for everything I do.

I suppose Apple is going to have their own airline tickets business too, and maybe their own library, dictionary, and.............I could go on for ever.

Perhaps I'm just missing the point of what this guy is trying to say (since he mentions things like RSS feeds and iPods, which don't affect me often or at all).

Oh, and one more thing, how does Apple render my web browser obsolete? With the iPod? How the fuck does a tiny device render a web browser on my PC obsolete?

I'm glad you said it, because when I read that article yesterday I was all prepared for some firefox rulez and IE is for tards article. But instead I have no idea what the hell he's talking about...

especially that browsing in iTunes thing...I honestly laughed out loud at that one.

there seems to be a general consensus of opinion that the author of this little piece is " so over, so five-minutes ago, so last week ".......and a complete idiot.... :)

Is that new Evil Dead or from the new Romero ( of the Dead) film in your avatar, EC?

Good attempt, but alas... no. It's from Evil Dead 2. I haven't even seen Land of the Dead yet. Taking the kids to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tonight.

I got a nice little avatar collection going. Mostly Bruce Campbell stuff, to match my attitude, and my homerotic obession.

That is... homoerotic without being either homosexual, or erotic...

Meh, I can't do anything right. :good job:

I got a nice little avatar collection going.  Mostly Bruce Campbell stuff, to match my attitude, and my homerotic obession.

That is... homoerotic without being either homosexual, or erotic...

:lol: i just spit spit on my new flatscreen. but yeah, me too, mostly freaky cats, nuns, evil nurses, Mary statues w/bleeding eyes, varieties of the first 3 w/drugs and political themes, the occasional nunfucker...like that. :)

Aww shit she had to bring up nuns.

This drunk comes out of a bar see a nun, and procedes to beat the shit out of her. She gets back up, and he kicks her in the crotch, and every time she moves to get up, he either punches, or kicks her. Finally the nun looks up at him, and says what did I do to offend you?

He says "Not so fucking tough now are you Batman"?

Aww shit she had to bring up nuns.

;) :P