False Positive in Kazaa Lite file....

Ken

I recently obtained a Kazaa Lite continuation from

http://www.klitetools.com/MM/index.htm

Slyck links to it, in the Fasttrack information section, as a client for the Fasttrack network.

My problem is, when doing a virus scan with ClamWin Anti-Virus, it identifies one of the files installed as a worm.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/clamwin/

Scan started: <date>

C:\Program Files\KAZAA LITE TOOLS K++\KazaaLite.kpp: Worm.Bagle.BB-gen FOUND

-- summary --

Known viruses: 36125

Engine version: 0.86.1

Scanned directories: 0

Scanned files: 1

Infected files: 1

Data scanned: 1.25 MB

Time: 0.840 sec (0 m 0 s)

What's the story? False positive, or is something horrible happening here that Slyck should know about?

I deleted the file, uninstalled the program completely, cleaned the registry, checked my running processes for anything unusual, did a second virus scan with trend micro's online scan, prayed to the Mayan gods, balancing a bucket of water on my head while I did an exorcism.

I'm clean, CLEAN I tell you.

However, I'm still concerned.

Anyone?

I gave up on AVG a long time ago.

I'd install it, and then after a short while, the program wouldn't even launch.

It would complain about something stupid related to not being able to load a particular skin or visual component associated with the program.

The repair options wouldn’t work.

The program is (maybe was?) a buggy piece of shit.

i downloaded the exact same file from the same link (www.klitetools.com/dl/basic.exe) about 2 weeks ago ken when i was looking for a particlar file...i ran it (kazaa lite) for about 3 days and then uninstalled because of shitty search results......in those 3 days of running kazaa lite i had no virus or spyware issues, if that is any help......

i downloaded the exact same file from the same link (www.klitetools.com/dl/basic.exe) about 2 weeks ago ken when i was looking for a particlar file...i ran it (kazaa lite) for about 3 days and then uninstalled because of shitty search results......in those 3 days of running kazaa lite i had no virus or spyware issues, if that is any help......

Did you run a virus scan during the time period that the program was installed and if so, what Anti-Virus program did you use?

guys you should know better, ofcourse that is a false positive.

kazaalite.kpp is the core of any klite version.

you will find it in all the original versions of klite and in klt.

we have no apps that we make/pack that has trojens, worms, viruses, spyware, or adware.

run nod32, kav or what ever you like sweep it with "spy sweeper" you will find nothing.

why would you guys even thing people like us would want to distribute worms to you guys? we are here only for the good of the community.

kpp2fv.th.jpg

kpp25zo.th.jpg

@kiwibank don't blame me or the app for the short commings of the network, we can't controll that.

if you got bad results with klt k++ then you will get pretty much the same results with any klite client, they all connect to the same network and search the same network.

what you should have tried is changing supernodes to see it that would help you find more sources

Edited by KLITETOOLS

Did you run a virus scan during the time period that the program was installed and if so, what Anti-Virus program did you use?

yes ......i run one every day and on all new exe/zip/install/setup files now since a couple of disastrous forays into downloading p2p apps lately.....i use clamwin.. :)

@kiwibank  don't blame me or the app for the short commings of the network, we can't controll that.

if you got bad results with klt k++ then you will get pretty much the same results with any klite client, they all connect to the same network and search the same network.

what you should have tried is changing supernodes to see it that would help you find more sources

relax mate..of course i don`t blame you or the app for poor search results..i am aware of the amount of hard toil that goes into the construction and design of your p2p software....as it happens i hardly use kazaa at all... (not for about 18 months now)..i much prefer limewire or the new bearshare lite.....thanks again for your prompt replies to our concerns and welcome to beatking... :)

why would you guys even thing people like us would want to distribute worms to you guys? we are here only for the good of the community.

Nobody accused you specifically.

Shit can happen, people can be hacked.

I never thought for a second that the Kazaa Lite team would be behind some sort of worm/virus/Trojan spreading scam.