Lawsuit Filed In Super Bowl Boob Caper

Kooperman

According to the Smoking Gun: Terri Carlin, a 47-year-old Knoxville bank employee, contends that Jackson's exposure and other "sexually explicit conduct" during halftime festivities caused viewers to "suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury." Details of those supposed injuries were not further described in the complaint filed by attorney Wayne A. Ritchie II. Along with Jackson, Carlin has named as defendants Justin Timberlake, CBS, MTV, and Viacom.

Gold digger!!!

My post at ZP:

What a load of crap. And doesn't have the fallopians to specify the type of injury. Go back out and milk your damn cow.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As a direct and proximate result of the broadcast of the acts, (Carlin) and millions of others saw the acts and were caused to suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury," the lawsuit says.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so if these millions all decided to sue for billions too, how much do you think they would actually get? If Janet was worth 1 billion dollars and 1 million people felt

Quote:

outraged, angered, embarrassed and seriously injured

, they would get $1,000, not billions. So fucking amazing.

LoTD, I went and checked your post there so I could get the context of what you were responding to. I thought it was a telling remark where a poster said he was afraid to post a somewhat related story in fear that it would cause tensions. That's a sad commentary on the atmosphere that's been imposed there by just one person.

I think you have a hyper-developed mind Koop. I always find myself re-reading your posts to fully understand what you are explaining. Either that or my Denseness just confuses the shit outta people. But I understand your point. Hopfully this will be remedied soon.

Stupid bitch:

Woman Drops Lawsuit Over Jackson's Stunt

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - Less than a week after filing a class-action lawsuit because of her outrage over Janet Jackson (news)'s Super Bowl stunt, Terri Carlin believes she's made her point.

The Knoxville banker is withdrawing the suit filed last Wednesday in U.S. District Court against Jackson and Justin Timberlake (news), along with MTV, CBS and their parent company, Viacom.

The lawsuit had sought billions of dollars in compensatory and punitive damages.

Carlin alleged that she and others who watched the show during the Super Bowl were injured by the performers' lewd actions when Timberlake tore off part of Jackson's costume, exposing her right breast.

The notice of dismissal filed in federal court says Carlin wants to see if "remedial measures" announced by federal regulators and the companies involved succeed in preventing similar stunts.

Carlin and attorney Wayne A. Ritchie II, who filed the lawsuit on behalf of Carlin and has represented her for free, have received phone calls and mail from hundreds of supportive parents from across the country who wanted to be included in the suit, the notice states.

In the lawsuit filed on behalf of "all Americans," Carlin charged that Jackson's exposure and "sexually explicit conduct" by other performers during the halftime show injured viewers.

Jackson apologized for the incident, saying a red lace garment was supposed to remain over her breast when an outer garment was ripped away.

Source: Yahoo News

psychofun