Supreme Court: 'No On Medical Marijuana'

DudeAsInCool

Court Rules Against Pot for Sick People

Federal authorities may prosecute sick people whose doctors prescribe marijuana to ease pain, the Supreme Court ruled Monday, concluding that state laws don't protect users from a federal ban on the drug.

The decision is a stinging defeat for marijuana advocates who had successfully pushed 10 states to allow the drug's use to treat various illnesses.

Read more here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0600666_pf.html

is there anyone who really believed this shit was gonna get through in the current political climate? as fucking /if/ (along w/all hemp products banned, everyone loses, as fucking usual).

i will, w/ or w/o their permission. :)

Smokers vow to defy court ruling........

Two California patients who use marijuana to ease the pain of illness say they will defy a US Supreme Court ruling that could see them arrested for smoking it.

America's top court on Monday threw out a case brought by Angel Raich and Diane Monson.

They had asked the justices to sanction the use of cannabis for medical purposes, saying that thousands of seriously sick Americans used it for pain relief.

more..........

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/news_world_story_sk...0%3fformat=html

post-86-1118139304.jpg

Does this Court ever make a stand on anything? Once again they kick an issue back to another authority, this time suggesting Congress tackle pot laws. Even as they disregard overwhelming state electorate opinion. People are using medical pot as a last resort when traditional treatments through corporate drugs can't help. Otherwise law-abiding citizens are now branded as criminals.

I don't object to locking up criminals, nor do I object to helping defray medical costs for those who can't afford necessary treatment. But I do reject the government's notion I should now have to pay for the imprisonment of people whose "crime" was trying to attend to their own medical problems in line with the laws in their states.