Fonda comeback tops US box office

KiwiCoromandel

Young Australian director Robert Luketic has conquered the American box office by coaxing Jane Fonda out of retirement and setting her on Jennifer Lopez in a face-slapping, hair-pulling fight for survival.

Monster-in-Law, a comedy and Fonda’s first film in 15 years, topped the US box office over the weekend, making US$24 million ($34.10 million).

Another comedic take on familial combat, Kicking & Screaming, starring Will Ferrell, opened in second place with $US20.1 million, while the Jet Li action film Unleashed opened in third place with $US10.9 million.

source:www.nzherald.co.nz

post-123-1116375168.jpg

Not that she or anyone else cares but..........I would buy a ticket to a Michael Moore movie before I would go to see anything that had Jane "American Traitor Bitch" Fonda in it even if it was free. :reallymad:

shut up, redneck--you've been talking way too much here lately. :lol: ;)

I saw the movie... my friends couldn't agree on anything... it was kind of funny watching J-Lo get all evil and stuff. I like watching women get all bitchy though... that's just how I am.

*shoots self*

Not that she or anyone else cares but..........I would buy a ticket to a Michael Moore movie before I would go to see anything that had Jane "American Traitor Bitch" Fonda in it even if it was free. :reallymad:

I guess Redneck owns one of the local cinemas....they refuse to screen the movie because of Fonda's past mistakes.

:lol:

janefondanoregret.jpgELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. - The owner of two Kentucky theaters has refused to show the new Jane Fonda film "Monster-in-Law" because of the activist role the actress took during the Vietnam War.

Ike Boutwell, who trained pilots during the Vietnam War, displayed pictures of Fonda clapping with a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft crew in 1972 outside the Elizabethtown Movie Palace to show his disapproval. The marquee outside Showtime Cinemas in nearby Radcliff reads: "No Jane Fonda movie in this theater."

Both theaters are just a few miles from the Army post of Fort Knox, south of Louisville.

Read entire story here.

the funny thing is, it's all bullshit and /they/ believe it's true cause they wanna :lol:

The owner of two Kentucky theatres has refused to show the new Jane Fonda film Monster-in-Law because of the activist role the actress took during the Vietnam War.

read more.......

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=1...jectID=10126403

post-123-1116555513.jpg

"I think when people do something, they need to be held responsible," Boutwell said. "When you give the enemy aid it makes the war last longer."

Living in the past is ridiculous. People often mask their obsession of living in the past by saying that it’s important to “learn from the past”.

What are we learning here?

What’s the point of banning the movie? To show your eternal hatred of some jerk who got carried away with herself?

This is retarded.

The end.