Remember Robert Blake & The Murder?

Kooperman

I suspect he did it, but Robert Blake was nothing but nice to me. I appeared as a bit player in two of his TV movies, my only onscreen appearances lol (I had dropped by to see a friend who worked for him and they handed me a camera and called me a police photographer), and he gave me his ticket to the Emmy's.

He was very good--but Don Rickles and Jonathan Winters were my favorites. I met Rickles once--he begin picking on me just like he does on TV lol

• 8 months later...

Judge Rules Out Key Blake Defense Theory

LOS ANGELES - In a blow to Robert Blake (news)'s defense, a judge ruled Thursday the actor's lawyer can't present jurors a theory that others, including the star prosecution witness, conspired to kill Blake's wife.

Superior Court Judge Darlene Schempp also made it clear she was barring any effort by attorney M. Gerald Schwartzbach to link Marlon Brando (news)'s son, Christian, to the 2001 killing of Bonny Lee Bakley.

"I've found there was no link, direct or circumstantial, with Mr. Brando," she said. "It's pure speculation."

Read entire story here.

• 2 months later...

Robert Blake Murder Trial Resumes

LOS ANGELES - Robert Blake (news)'s murder trial resumed Tuesday after a holiday recess with a witness testifying that the actor's cries for help for his bleeding wife seemed insincere.

Mary Beth Rennie, a hospital administrator, recounted how she and her boyfriend, a doctor, hid by a tree and did not intervene when they heard Blake yelling. Rennie said she and Dr. James Michael McCoy held back because Blake's behavior seemed "odd" and "forced."

"It didn't seem genuine or real," she said.

Read entire here.

Mary Beth Rennie, a hospital administrator, recounted how she and her boyfriend, a doctor, hid by a tree and did not intervene when they heard Blake yelling. Rennie said she and Dr. James Michael McCoy held back because Blake's behavior seemed "odd" and "forced."

I hope if one of my loved ones ever gets injured I seem sincere enough for the doctors to help. She comes across as a moron in the article.

My thoughts exactly, Shawn. Chances are good that Blake committed this murder, but it's not her and her doctor boyfriend's obligation to make that decision when someone is grievously injured...their only moral obligation is to lend medical assistance if they can. They're great advertisements for their profession. As to his profession, Robert Blake is an award-winning actor...I suspect he could come up with a very credible depiction of grief and fear on the spot.

Detective: Blake's Cry Seemed Insincere

LOS ANGELES - The police detective who told actor Robert Blake his wife was dead testified Thursday that Blake responded with a cry, but the officer said "it didn't seem to me to be a sincere cry."

John Michael Coffey was the latest in a string of prosecution witnesses to question the sincerity of Blake's reactions on the night of May 4, 2001, when wife Bonny Lee Bakley was shot to death.

Prosecutors, lacking substantial direct evidence, hope Blake's demeanor will provide them with circumstantial evidence of guilt.

Read entire story here.

I hope this guy isn't found guilty.

Is there some book somewhere that lays out the exact reaction each person should exhibit for each tragedy?

Robert Blake Jurors View Crime Scene

LOS ANGELES - Jurors in Robert Blake (news)'s murder trial surveyed the neighborhood where the actor's wife was slain, peered into a duplicate of the car where her body was found, and marched up and down the area's streets for nearly an hour Thursday night.

The visit followed an afternoon trip to Vitello's, the restaurant where Blake and Bonny Lee Bakley had dined shortly before she was shot.

The 12 jurors and six alternates gave special attention to the car and to the trash bin where the gun used to kill Bakley was discarded.

Read entire story here.

Ex-Policeman: Blake Wanted to 'Whack' Wife

LOS ANGELES - A former police detective who worked for Robert Blake as a private investigator testified Thursday that the actor proposed kidnapping Bonny Lee Bakley, forcing her to have an abortion, and if that did not work, "whack her."

William Welch's testimony was the first time the jury in the murder case heard a witness say Blake solicited the killing of Bakley, who at the time was not yet his wife. On Wednesday, the prosecution focused on motive, presenting a witness who said Blake was obsessed with their baby, Rosie, and with keeping her from Bakley.

Welch came under intense cross-examination by defense attorney M. Gerald Schwartzbach, who asked why the veteran policeman would not have reported Blake's alleged proposal to commit a major crime.

Read entire story here.

Daughter of Blake's Slain Wife Testifies

LOS ANGELES - Robert Blake's first wife and the adult daughter of his slain second wife took the witness stand at the actor's murder trial Thursday, testifying about Blake's troubled relationship with Bonny Lee Bakley.

Bakley's daughter, Holly Gawron, 24, told the jury that while living in Arkansas with Bakley, Gawron sometimes answered the phone and heard Blake "yelling, cursing obscenities" when he thought he was talking to Bakley.

Bakley, 44, was shot to death in May 2001 as she waited in a car for Blake outside a restaurant. Blake said he returned briefly to the restaurant to retrieve a gun before finding Bakley mortally wounded.

Read entire story here.

• 3 weeks later...

Three Witnesses Hold Key in Blake Case

LOS ANGELES - After more than a month of testimony from 62 witnesses, the prosecution's murder case against Robert Blake (news) has come down to the word of three characters of dubious repute who say the actor tried to cast them as real-life hit men.

Two are retired stuntmen who have had problems with drugs and the law. The third is a street thug-turned-minister who projected a persona that evoked comparisons to one of the characters in television's mob drama "The Sopranos."

All three say they refused Blake's overtures.

Read entire story here.

Blake Sobs at Recordings About His Baby

LOS ANGELES - Actor Robert Blake collapsed in sobs Monday when the prosecution closed its murder case against him by playing tapes in which he talked about his love for the daughter he had with slain wife Bonny Lee Bakley.

His entire body shaking, Blake was rushed from the courtroom by four attorneys. His sobs resonated from the hallway outside, until he regained composure and returned about three minutes later.

Prosecutor Shellie Samuels rested her case after playing video from a 2003 interview of Blake by ABC's Barbara Walters and audio of Blake talking with an unidentified visitor while he was in jail before being released on bail.

Read entire story here.

Expert Tells Blake Jury of Drug Visions

LOS ANGELES - Robert Blake's lawyers tried to undermine the testimony of two drug-using prosecution witnesses at his murder trial Friday, calling on an expert who said years of cocaine and methamphetamine use can cause hallucinations.

The visions are so realistic that a drug user can remain convinced they actually happened, said Ronald Keith Siegel, a psychopharmacologist at the medical school of the University of California at Los Angeles.

"You can't win an argument with a paranoid," he told the jury. "They are so convinced of the reality."

Read entire story here.