The Wizard's Suggestions

Undying Wizard

Megadeth is a favored topic of mine. I actually considered Dave (Mustaine) god for a while. I was introduced to Megadeth with the "Peace Sells..." album and have been with them ever since. One of the greatest albums that they put out was Rust in Peace. The addition of Marty Friedman was badly needed. A truly great guitarist. The two following albums, Countdown to Extinction and Youthanasia were also brilliant. Cryptic Writings was decent and Risk took a turn for the worse, especially the song "Breadline." 2001's The World Needs A Hero was a decent return and now the band is no more. Dave, however, states that he will be back in the music scene. I hope that whatever project he does, be it Megadeth or other, is better than his M.D. 45 project.

It may be old-school, but there is plenty out there right now that cannot touch Megadeth. Dave's voice is unique and, much like Metallica, they had their days of brutality. Whether you want to call it selling-out, or just maturing, they are still a band to reckon with.

psychofun

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow..over 200 views to this post...Undying ...for sure you have awakened the metal in all of us...keep up the good work.

Anyone like Megadeth???..or is that old-school metal now?

Huge Megadeth fan! Someone also Mentioned Metal Church and Testament. Those are great bands as well. If you want to hear something that really grabs you at the pit of your stomach, try Napalm Death or Carcass.

:)

BTW, I'm always suprised that people don't mention Pantera when they are talking about "metal" as well. They're really good too.

Sam

Yoda mentioned Kittie....

I'm not a big Kittie fan but respect them for trying. If you're into female metal, lol, I'd recommend Drain S.T.H. They are a slower pace, but sharper bass tones, etc. If you like sabbath, then you'll probably like Drain...

Sam

I have Drain S.T.H.'s Freak of Nature album, and personally, I have to agree that they are much heavier than Kittie. I think Kittie is more along the lines of L7 or 7 Year Bitch, more punk-like or grungy. When you hear Drain, you hear metal.

psychofun

yeah megadeth is for sure a great band I have been listing to them since I was 8 yrs old now Im 21.

so todays band is umm ? I dunno let me think

ahh fuck why not- this is another mexican metal band

todays band is " TransMetal " album ?

I have heard very little by them , but they are good

all I am able to find out about them on the web is in spanish, but Kazaa has a few songs for grab

ohh and SamJam you from ZP ? if not how'd you find this great site ?

Here's some bg info, Wizard. They look interesting:

TRANSMETAL • MEXICO

LATEST ALBUM/SADNESS DE LUCIFER

LINE UP Mauricio Torres (vocals), Juan Partida (guitar), Ernesto Torres (guitar), Lorenzo Partida (bass), Javier Partida (drums)

TRANSMETAL, centred upon the erstwhile TEMPLE DE ACERO sibling Partida triumvirate of guitarist Juan, bassist Lorenzo and drummer Javier, are amongst the very biggest of Mexican Rock acts. The studs n’ leather bedecked TRANSMETAL, founded during January of 1987, have stuck to their Thrash / Speed Metal stance over nearly twenty Spanish language albums.

Upon their formation TRANSMETAL was fronted by vocalist Alberto Pimentel who featured on the 1988 debut ‘Muerto En La Cruz’, produced by DARK ANGEL’s Eric Meyer, and the follow up ‘Desear Un Funeral’. In 1990 Pimentel departed to found LEPROSSY. Alejandro Gonzales of ILLUSION would fill the vacancy before Juan Carlos Camaiena took the role of second guitarist. The band featured on the high profile ‘New Titans Over Mexico’ tour of 1991 sharing billing with SEPULTURA, SACRED REICH and NAPALM DEATH. In May of 1992 TRANSMETAL appeared as part of the ‘Mexican Mosh’ festival alongside SICK OF IT ALL, DEICIDE and NUCLEAR ASSAULT.

1992 witnessed the departure of these latest two recruits and Alberto Pimental resumed activities with the band on a stand in basis. A successful Mexican tour during October found TRANSMETAL headlining over MORTUARY and INQUISIDOR. The band’s status would engender a further slot at the March 1993 ‘Mexican Mosh’ festival event, this time sharing honours with OVERKILL, KREATOR and MONSTROSITYamong others.

The following year TRANSMETAL, together with fellow native acts ANGELS DE INFIERNO and RATA BLANCA, represented Mexico at the June 1994 ‘Monstruos De Rock’ gathering in Spain.

Pimentel would opt out yet again to forge another version of LEPROSY (spelt with one ‘S’ on this ocassion) assembling a new band including RAMSES guitarist Julio Marquez and ex INQUISIDOR drummer Felipe Chacon...

http://www.rockdetector.com/artist,31977.sm

more info is always great when you are being introduced to something new. nah...just trying to lend a helping hand. your thread is already becoming quite popular...

hello all,

today Im ganna do things diffrent Im ganna suggest a song that is over looked by alot of Black Sabbath fans

The song is " A National Acrobat " its on the album ' Sabbath Bloody Sabbath "

I love this song one of my favs, most people that say they like Sabbath couldent name the song if they heard it, alot of people I know skip past it.

go listen to it now or ???? umm, I dunno yet

(just finished listening to it) I don't know why anyone would skip this. It's a great song to follow Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. The guitar work sounds totally cool. And the wah-wah sound is awesome too, volleying with Ozzy's voice. I will say that the one tempo change is kinda weak...they had a good thing going without the fruity thing before it gets hard again. Other than that, a true classic.

psychofun

I just have to put in a word for Fates Warning-- a criminally underappreciated prog metal act with the most criminally underappreciated drummer in the world. If you're looking for some good progressive drumming, check out Disconnected. My favorite album of theirs, however, is Perfect Symmetry

I have Drain S.T.H.'s Freak of Nature album, and personally, I have to agree that they are much heavier than Kittie. I think Kittie is more along the lines of L7 or 7 Year Bitch, more punk-like or grungy. When you hear Drain, you hear metal.

psychofun

Yes I have a couple of their CDs (I need to check for any new releases). IMO, They are really impressive. They sound just as good live, if not better.

It's up to you Wizard, but I still come read this thread everytime there is a post in it. I can't be alone either, it has over 421 views.

I still read it, too. Didnt want to hound you Wizard, I assumed you were busy. Because we are still relatively new, we don't have the traffic that ZP has, so some days you might not get a post. But 400 views is a lot, and I think if you continue, this will end up being a very, very long thread :) Hope you do. We need an expert in this area

I was just makin up a story , actually I forgot about this thread for awile LOL

lets get this show on the road

alright todays band is " Suffocation " good album is " Pierced from within"

I came across this Band by acident an album happend to be right by a six feet under album I was buying so I thought id give it a try

damn good band tryed to dig up some info about the band but didnt find anything great so Im sure dudeasincool can find somthing good

I found two death metal bands named Suffocation at RockDetector.com, one from Germany, and the other from the Grand USA.

Suffociation (USA)

LINE UP Frank Mullens (vocals), Doug Cerrito (guitar), Terrance Hobbs (guitar), Chris Richards (bass), Dave Culross (drums)

Now regarded as one of the most influential original Death Metal combos SUFFOCATION was initially founded as SOCIAL DISEASE during 1986. The band debuted with a line up of vocalist Frank Mullen, guitarists Doug Cerrito and Terance Hobbs, bassist Josh Barohn and drummer Mike Smith. This unit arrived with the 3 track demo tape ‘Reincremation’ during 1990.

SUFFOCATION’s inaugural album release ‘Human Waste’ emerged in 1991, issued by Nuclear Blast Records in Europe and Relapse in America. However, the band would switch labels to Roadrunner turning round ‘Effigy Of The Forgotten’ in the same year. The 1992 opus ‘Breeding The Spawn’ saw Chris Richards take the four string position. In 1994 SUFFOCATION donated the track ‘Infecting The Crypts’ to the ‘Live Death’ compilation album.

Barohn joined gore mongers AUTOPSY prior to founding WELT, an act that changed names in 1996 toIRON LUNG releasing the ‘Chasing Salvation' album on Diehard Records. Following touring to promote SUFFOCATION’s 1995 album ‘Pierced From Within’ drummer Doug Bohn decamped. His place was taken by DISGORGED and MALEVOLENT CREATION man Dave Culross.

During 1998 guitarist Doug Cerrito joined HATE ETERNAL for their ‘Conquering The Throne’ album, the act founded by RIPPING CORPSE / MORBID ANGEL guitarist Erik Rutan. Culross would rejoin MALEVOLENT CREATION.

Highlighting the undoubted impact SUFFOCATION had upon the scene Greek label Repulsive Echo compiled a 2001 tribute album with an all international cast. SUFFOCATION were duly paid homage by their countrymates PROPHECY, DEVOURMENT, PUTRILAGE, SEVERED SAVIOR, INTERNAL BLEEDING andDETRIMENTAL as well as Canadians ROTTING, Australians MISCREANT, Finns DEEP RED, Spains WORMED, Japan’s VOMIT REMNANTS, Greeks INVERACITY, Dutch bands PYAEMIA and DISAVOWAL, GermansHARMONY DIES and even BEHEADED from Malta. ...

SUFFOCATION (Germany) released the 1991 demo 'Festering Flesh'. The group subsequently evolved intoFLESHCRAWL.

Wizard..I never told you...but my little bro' lived in a duplex ...downstairs from Gar Samuelson (the original Megadeth drummer) in Highland Park.

Gar and his bizarro-Debbie-Harry-looking girl friend were serious druggies and drove my brother nuts. They would vacuum the floor all night ..when they were doing speedballs and playing very loud classical music.

It was a waste when I heard he had OD'ed.

One of these days ...when we get together for beers ..I will reminese some more. Anyway...Keep turning us onto new metal..

Even an old guy like me.... likes to turn it up every now and then .

Well its that time again for todays Band

This is a band I have seen live over 10 times in 4 years it's a anti-god type band. People in California have probaly heard of them, but in other states they dont seem to be so well know

Todays Band is ( drum roll please ) is

"Deicide" (the word Deicide means Killed A God)

Good album is " Once Upon The Cross "

Enjoy

post-6-1077432179.jpg

Here's some b.g. info on the band:

DEICIDE, emerging from the cult troupeAMON in 1987, were the first American Black Metal band to push the novelty factor into the realms of the dangerous. Early shows had arch protagonist vocalist / bassist Glen Benton drenched in the blood of a pig bedecked in studded body armour sporting an upside down cross the frontman had burned into his own forehead. Quite remarkably for a Black Metal band DEICIDE has maintained a rock solid line up since it’s inception and continues to maintain a strong unyeilding fan base.

Further controversy was whipped up after the second album ‘Legion’ when two New Jersey teenagers tortured and killed a dog leaving it’s carcass hanging in a tree. When questioned by authorities the youngsters claimed inspiration from DEICIDE. The band built up a loyal fanbase with surprising speed and Roadrunner Records were quick off the mark in re-issuing the AMON demos re-credited to DEICIDE and marketed as ‘Amon: Feasting The Beast’.

The singer’s more than vocal appreciation of a Satanic belief system, his willingness to engage in media sponsored set discussions on good and evil with church members (including the late former TWELFTH NIGHT vocalist and vicar GEOFF MANN) and his apparent witnessed shooting of squirrels in his house (!) put DEICIDE firmly in the Black Metal camp...

LINE UP Glenn Benton (vocals / bass), Eric Hoffman (guitar), Brian Hoffman (guitar), Steve Asheim (drums)

post-6-1077432013_thumb.jpg