Republican Censors Fans of South Park

southpark2.jpgOne episode was called Red Hot Catholic Love . . . another, Cartman's Mom Is Still a Dirty Slut. Yet the animated adventures of South Park, the fictitious Colorado home of American television's most foul-mouthed cartoon schoolchildren, has unexpectedly become a cultural symbol for right-wing Republicans.

more here.......

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/commo...255E601,00.html

they've already been screaming on how they're not (i think it disses south park)

Actually, Parker and Stone seem like genuine free thinkers.

They see the bullshit in everything (including "conservative" agendas, and "liberal" agendas), and it's manifested in a simplistic, brazen, and yes, vulgar cartoon. It takes a potentially long-winded observation of truth, and compresses it into a very brief synopsis by one of the characters at the end of the show. This follows the actual cartoon/main story which also encompasses the message in the form of irony. A lot of times, it deals with real world issues. I've also noticed how subtle it can be, as with the episode about Earth being a reality show. The subtle note there is that these so called "reality" shows aren't really "reality" shows as human behavior is altered by the presence of cameras. There were also obvious points about how humanity is in such disarray, network TV operation, and the excesses of the leaders of the show which just proves that money can't buy character.

Then again, there are a few episodes that are simply all out assaults on celebrity figures, toilet humor, holidays, etc...

My favorite is the mock election for school mascot which was a nod to the 2004 presidential election. It bascily summed up the fact that sometimes your vote doesn't really matter, and that we are caught in a cycle of either choosing a giant douche, or a turd sandwich.

Long story short, I like it. It makes sense to me.

Edited by Ken

No it hasn't.

What ever gave them this crazy idea?

That's what the article says. If true, I think its because the SouthPark creators are Republicans..and Republicans are desperate for any creative folks to be on their team :lol:

That's what the article says.

Well I know that!

The article could say "South Park gives cats rabies", but it doesn't make it any more or less coherent.

Whoever wrote the article needs to go play in traffic….................at night, wearing dark clothes.

I think its because the SouthPark creators are Republicans..and Republicans are desperate for any creative folks to be on their team

I don't remember them ever disclosing thier political affiliation (not that it really matters).

Can anyone source an article or something regarding that?

I find it highly unlikely that someone who says "I hate conservatives" is a Republican.

Edited by Ken

• 2 weeks later...
I don't remember them ever disclosing thier political affiliation (not that it really matters).

Can anyone source an article or something regarding that?

I find it highly unlikely that someone who says "I hate conservatives" is a Republican.

I read an interview where one of the guys said: "I hate conservatives, but I really f*cking hate liberals"

I googled up the phrase--it appears in several blogs including this random picked one

http://www.pirate-king.com/episode/162