Agnetha Faltskog

Jim Colyer

ABBA broke up in 1982. Blonde Agnetha Faltskog went on to do 3 solo albums. Wrap Your Arms Around Me was released in 1983. It was hot. Agnetha was still feeling the success of her ABBA years. Several of the same musicians who worked with ABBA played on it. Her second solo album, Eyes Of A Woman, was not as warm as the first. It was more European and a bit techno. In 1988, she gave us I Stand Alone. It was produced by Peter Cetera. They recorded it in Los Angeles. Cetera thought Agnetha was going to stay in the States and promote the album. Instead, she boarded a plane and flew home to Stockholm, Sweden. Needless to say, Cetera got mad. Agnetha's career ended for 17 years. She finally did another album this last year called My Coloring Book. Agnetha is 55. In her years with ABBA, she was one of the world's most beautiful women.

http://www.jimcolyer.com

post-37-1115607238.jpg

yeah, aretha franklin is pretty good, but on those new records she looks nothing like she did on the blues brothers movie

that whole "euro trash" personna really doesn't work for her---can you say "chris gaines"?

and just for the record.... :I'd hit it:

maybe it would be easier if you'd just make a list of those you wouldn't. what, it would be like two chicks on? :lol:

Nate! whatever you're on, i wannit. :lol:

Nate! whatever you're on, i wannit. :lol:

i get that a lot

for some strange reason, i do too and i always wonder why. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I felt compelled to show "Eyes Of A Woman," the other solo album Agnetha did in the 1980s. I agree, Agnetha Faltskog may be the worst... name... ever. She insisted on using her last name on the solo albums. Vanity, I guess. Frida from ABBA used her first name only. I had such a crush on Agnetha it is hard to describe. I had her pictures on my walls and watched her videos over and over. After my divorce, I settled for celebrity crushes over real women.

post-37-1116803753.jpg

Edited by Jim Colyer

Agnetha went 17 years without an album. In 2004, she did My Colouring Book. Notice she spells "colouring" with a "u," the way the British do. ABBA put a "u" in "Trouper" in the Super Trouper album. Agnetha is 55 now, and my infatuation with her is history. I reserve my celebrity crushes for young women. It is Shania Twain now.

post-37-1116804164.jpg