Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

BLACK LIVES MATTER! ×
BLACK LIVES MATTER!

Recommended Posts

Todd McCarthy, a veteran critic at Variety, and a tough one at that, says this Star Wars is the best since the Empire Strikes Back. This is welcome news for the Empirites and non Empirites :good job:

Link to post
Share on other sites

The review I read in Time Magazine this morning while I was at the Y pedaling away on the stationary bike also said this was a return to form and that this was the best Star Wars out of the first three episodes (though there are spoilers in the article, so don't read it if you want to be surprised). And something I was glad to find out, though JarJar Binks is (unfortunately) in Sith, he has NO dialogue :yup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucas fears Sith flop

Ask George Lucas about his hopes for the closing instalment of Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith, and he replies that he expects it to fail.

read more.......

http://smh.com.au/news/Film/Lucas-fears-Si...5092488497.html

post-123-1115512993.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone remind me the name of the other robot? R2D2 and...?

Edit: c3po

remembered

Link to post
Share on other sites

With a huge opening just days away, buzz is building that 'Revenge of the Sith' is dark, violent and worth the wait. No fuzzy Ewoks or other cuddly creatures will intrude on the tale of betrayal, war and the rise of Darth Vader this time around.

more here......

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=77018

post-123-1115680268.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Australian Caroline Ritter's obsession with all things Star Wars has, by her own estimate, cost her $US60,000 ($84,540) - and counting.

She flew from her home in Singleton, New South Wales, to Hollywood to queue for the May 19 opening of the sixth and final episode in the galactic saga, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.

"Queue" in her case meant camping for seven weeks with her fellow Star Warriors outside the famed Grauman's Chinese Theatre, where the first Star Wars movie premiered in 1977 before she was born.

Ritter, 23, wears her passion on her sleeve and, indeed, on her neck, wrist and finger, where she sports an array of Star Wars-themed jewellery.

"What can I say? I love the Star Wars movies," Ritter said. "They are my life. They mean everything to me, everything that is important."

Three rooms in her house are packed with Star Wars memorabilia from all the films.

source:AAP

post-123-1116286483.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
:blink: $60,000!!!!! That's just plum crazy!!
Link to post
Share on other sites

or a total whore who knows he'll clean up even more by expanding the brand to shit like this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" became the year's first movie blockbuster while setting some historic benchmarks, as it rode a record-breaking debut on Thursday to the biggest number ever for a four-day opening, $158.5 million.

But even an outsized hit like the final installment of the director George Lucas's Skywalker saga could not break a box-office slump that has kept movie attendance and ticket sales lagging behind last year's for 13 weekends, a trend that has some in Hollywood concerned about the habits of American moviegoers.

Read more:

http://nytimes.com/2005/05/23/movies/23boff.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • Wait, Burning Man is going online-only? What does that even look like?
      You could have been forgiven for missing the announcement that actual physical Burning Man has been canceled for this year, if not next. Firstly, the nonprofit Burning Man organization, known affectionately to insiders as the Borg, posted it after 5 p.m. PT Friday. That, even in the COVID-19 era, is the traditional time to push out news when you don't want much media attention. 
      But secondly, you may have missed its cancellation because the Borg is being careful not to use the C-word. The announcement was neutrally titled "The Burning Man Multiverse in 2020." Even as it offers refunds to early ticket buyers, considers layoffs and other belt-tightening measures, and can't even commit to a physical event in 2021, the Borg is making lemonade by focusing on an online-only version of Black Rock City this coming August.    Read more...
      More about Burning Man, Tech, Web Culture, and Live EventsView the full article
      • 0 replies
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?
×
×
  • Create New...