Star Wars

DudeAsInCool

Todd McCarthy, a veteran critic at Variety, and a tough one at that, says this Star Wars is the best since the Empire Strikes Back. This is welcome news for the Empirites and non Empirites :good job:

The review I read in Time Magazine this morning while I was at the Y pedaling away on the stationary bike also said this was a return to form and that this was the best Star Wars out of the first three episodes (though there are spoilers in the article, so don't read it if you want to be surprised). And something I was glad to find out, though JarJar Binks is (unfortunately) in Sith, he has NO dialogue :yup:

Lucas fears Sith flop

Ask George Lucas about his hopes for the closing instalment of Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith, and he replies that he expects it to fail.

read more.......

http://smh.com.au/news/Film/Lucas-fears-Si...5092488497.html

post-123-1115512993.jpg

With a huge opening just days away, buzz is building that 'Revenge of the Sith' is dark, violent and worth the wait. No fuzzy Ewoks or other cuddly creatures will intrude on the tale of betrayal, war and the rise of Darth Vader this time around.

more here......

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=77018

post-123-1115680268.jpg

Australian Caroline Ritter's obsession with all things Star Wars has, by her own estimate, cost her $US60,000 ($84,540) - and counting.

She flew from her home in Singleton, New South Wales, to Hollywood to queue for the May 19 opening of the sixth and final episode in the galactic saga, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.

"Queue" in her case meant camping for seven weeks with her fellow Star Warriors outside the famed Grauman's Chinese Theatre, where the first Star Wars movie premiered in 1977 before she was born.

Ritter, 23, wears her passion on her sleeve and, indeed, on her neck, wrist and finger, where she sports an array of Star Wars-themed jewellery.

"What can I say? I love the Star Wars movies," Ritter said. "They are my life. They mean everything to me, everything that is important."

Three rooms in her house are packed with Star Wars memorabilia from all the films.

source:AAP

post-123-1116286483.jpg

or a total whore who knows he'll clean up even more by expanding the brand to shit like this.

"Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" became the year's first movie blockbuster while setting some historic benchmarks, as it rode a record-breaking debut on Thursday to the biggest number ever for a four-day opening, $158.5 million.

But even an outsized hit like the final installment of the director George Lucas's Skywalker saga could not break a box-office slump that has kept movie attendance and ticket sales lagging behind last year's for 13 weekends, a trend that has some in Hollywood concerned about the habits of American moviegoers.

Read more:

http://nytimes.com/2005/05/23/movies/23boff.html