Stones Announce Tour, New Album

The Rolling Stones will be in New York next week and are expected to make an announcement about their new tour and album.

Read all about it here:

rollingstones.jpeghttp://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155453,00.html

*sigh* up to 1999, this shit used to get me crazy, every 4 years when they'd tour the states i'd be there up front. now? big whoop. :lol: (but i still think they were fucking great for about 20, 25 years, their music from the mid-60s up to the 80s or so).

I think they are still great. Why is it that old black musicians are praised, but white one's are characterized as passe?

good question, Dude...i think the stones were great for ages, like about 20 years. IMO their quality fell off hugely after 'dirty work' (1985 or 86 i think). i love that album as i do every single one that came before it.

i'd be dying to see them if i thought their latter albums were rockers but i don't. now if keith were playing w/his own handpicked musicians, that'd be another story. :)

Rolling Stones to Appear at Juilliard

NEW YORK - Juilliard School of Music is rolling out the welcome mat for The Rolling Stones — but they're not going to be taking any classes.

The rock legends are scheduled to appear at the prestigious school to make an announcement, which is expected to be about a summer tour.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050505/ap_en_...2VrBHNlYwNlbg--

post-92-1115324472.jpg

Rolling Stones announce world tour

Roll over Beethoven, and tell Tchaikovsky the news: The Rolling Stones announced a new album and world tour Tuesday with a three-song mini-concert at one of Manhattan's bastions of classical music, The Juilliard School.

The familiar crunching riff of "Start Me Up" was greeted with a roar from hundreds of fans filling Lincoln Center from its plaza to its rooftops, as sixty-something lead singer Mick Jagger launched into the lyrics.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music...nment-headlines

post-92-1115760056.jpg

MY EYES! waaaaahhhhhhhhhh, he's/they're/i'm old :lol:

8/21 - Boston, MA @ Fenway Park

8/26 - Hartford, CT @ Rentschler Stadium (University of Connecticut)

8/28 - Ottawa, ON @ Frank Clair Stadium

8/31 - Detroit, MI @ Comerica Park

9/3 - Moncton, NB @ Magnetic Hill

9/6 - Minneapolis @ Xcel Energy Center

9/8 - Milwaukee, WI @ Bradley Center

9/10 - Chicago, IL @ Soldier Field

9/15 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Giants Stadium

9/24 - Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena

9/26 - Toronto, ON @ Rogers Centre

9/28 - Pittsburgh, PA @ PNC Park

10/1 - Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium

10/3 - Washington, DC @ MCI Center

10/6 - Charlottesville, VA @ Scott Stadium (University of Virginia)

10/10 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center

10/15 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena

10/17 - Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena

10/19 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum

10/21 - Charlotte, NC @ Charlotte New Arena

10/28 - Calgary, AL @ Pengrowth Saddledome

10/30 - Seattle, WA @ Key Arena

11/1 - Portland, OR @ Rose Garden

11/4 - Anaheim, CA @ Angel Stadium of Anaheim

11/11 - San Diego, CA @ Petco Park

11/13 - San Francisco, CA @ SBC Park

11/20 - Fresno, CA @ Save Mart Center

11/22 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Delta Center

11/24 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center

11/27 - Phoenix, AZ @ Glendale Arena

11/29 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center

12/1 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

Aging Rock Acts Still Hot on Concert Circuit/Middle-Aged Rock Stars Attract Young Fans, Inspire Older Ones

(In addition to the Rolling Stones) Aging rock acts also on the road this summer include The Allman Brothers Band, Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys, the Eagles, the Moody Blues, Carlos Santana and Paul McCartney.

Read more here:

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=745312

You're only as old as you feel they say.

they (friends) think i'm about two (i figure 8 but hey...) :)

It's only rock 'n' roll but they still like it......

The Rolling Stones, well into their fifth decade of playing rock 'n' roll, today announced a global tour that will stretch into next year and laughed off suggestions that it would be a farewell tour.

"We never say this is going to be our last tour. We never think about it. We take each tour as it comes," singer Mick Jagger, 61, told a news conference at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.

"I think that's a trap to try and get people to buy your tickets and say, 'Well, I'll never see them again."

more here.......

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=1...jectID=10124954

post-92-1115851878.jpg

the Moody Blues and Paul McCartney.

I'll be seeing the Moodies 3 times in June (and I can't wait, haven't seen them in 5 yrs!!) and McCartney in November!

I was a Beatles fan in those days but respect the Stones for getting out and doing it at their age. I saw the Stones in Louisville, Kentucky in 1964 and paid $2 for my ticket. I will not try to top it. I thought they would quit after 40 Licks. I dig Honky tonk Women.

Edited by Jim Colyer

I think they are still great. Why is it that old black musicians are praised, but white one's are characterized as passe?

good question and good point dude..not all great music started down at the crossroads..... :)

post-92-1115860262.jpg