Viewer's Choice - Top 100 Video Games of All Time

OF ALL TIME?!?!?!

6 of the 10 were released within the past 2 years.

A Tom Clancy game in the top 10? I wouldn't put a Tom Clancy game in the top 1000000000000000000000000000.

They threw Zelda a bone, because if they had not, they would have been stoned to death (and for good reason).

It looks like the "viewers" have a short memory and are just playing into the hype of what is new and what they're currently playing.

To make a best of, things need to ferment a little first.

The list is absolute bullshit on a stick.

If you’re not convinced, read this synopsis……

God of War ranks as one of the top PlayStation 2 games out and reaches instant classic status.

Instant classic status huh? And just because it is on some dog shit popularity chart this week? It’s supposed to be “ALL TIME”.

Fucking asshats.

Edited by Ken

You would have gotten the same response on any day.

I bet the "voting" consisted of about 100 ten year olds casting a vote for whatever was in their system at the time, whatever game was listed at the top of their favorite dog shit video game website, or whatever commercial they seen in the past 3 days on Television.

It's not a "best of". Redo this "survey" in two years, and you'll get COMPLETEY different results.

What should be on the list?

They could do perodic surveys.

Maybe every 4 years.

So what they could do is ask for voting and limit it only to games from 4 years earlier or more.

It's like hall of fame inductions in sports. Gotta wait a little time. Those who are worthy, do indeed stand the test of time.

As for my personal opinion, I couldn't make a list of ten. Maybe a top 5. Not 10 though.

As for my personal opinion, I couldn't make a list of ten. Maybe a top 5. Not 10 though.

Might be nice if people listed their favorites so that this or another thread could become a resource... Im thinking about starting something along those lines by cateogory...

Ok, I thought and thought and here is Ken's top 10 video games of all time (and remember, I'm biting the bullet here and going back 4 years or more, which means even though I would want GTA: Vice City, or Star Wars Battle Front on this list, they wont be there).

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Absolutely breath-taking. It was everything that "A link to the past" was in terms of scope, and more. With improved graphics, and puzzles that would make your brain explode while not using a strategy guide, it is the best game ever. Come on, admit it. Link uses a sword called "The Master Sword" and he also uses something called a "Megaton hammer". That's bad ass.

Megaman 2 - Pure action, with quirky futuristic scenery and characters. There's a -fillintheblank- Man for everyone. Also, it had someone called Metal Man. You know what he does? He throws saw blades. Big fucking saw blades. Holy shit that's cool.

The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past - At the time, this was the most involved game I ever played. The scope of the worlds that were created in the game was huge. The main puzzles and the side puzzles were endless and very much appealing. After the failure that was the second Zelda, this was the ultimate redemption.

Mortal Combat - Finish him. Need I say more?

Super Mario Brothers 3 - A last stage that consists of nothing but fire, cannons, and a dragon. And all this on what seems to be a "for all ages" silly game. I still get the chills. Oh and when Mario gets a tail and he starts whacking people around, I start to think "maybe that's not a tail at all". Italian sausage anyone?

Half Life - The best shooter ever.

Double Dragon - This game was so corny, I almost crapped my pants. It was fun though. It had a character named "Abobo". That's worthy of greatness.

Goldeneye (James Bond) - A perfect blend of weapons without overdoing their complexity, and a true James Bond feel. I loved the background music in this. The perfect bond game and an excellent action game too.

Final Fantasy - I've never played a FF game other than "Mystic Quest" and one briefly for the original playstation which I can't remember, but I'm aware of the overwhelming long term popularity of the game. I'm lumping every game (4 years earlier or more) into one because I'll be damned, there has to be about 20 of these games.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - I loved the metal sonic; second from last boss. Some really crazy levels. Probably the funniest looking final boss villain this side of Dr. Wily. He looks like Colonel Sanders, acts like he's on speed and he's also about 400 pounds.

Edited by Ken

Gah... ten.... O.K. I put no restrictions however. If it came out yesterday, and I know I'll play it forever... I'll list it.

10) Star Wars Knights of the old Republic - it's MY favorites, damnit. Take an RPG, mix in star wars, and I go into geek siezures.

9) Legend of Zelda: A link to the past - some of those that followed may have surpassed it, but I could really care less. I still spend hours on this on EMU.

8) Mario Kart - Yes, Mario Kart. It cost me my United States High School Education (finally getting into college, I find I didn't miss much) so I have to mention it.

7) Star Control 2 - I spent months on this damn game. I still try to play it, though it doesn't translate into the post windows 95 era.

6) Suikoden - An rpg with multiple modes of battle, and over 100 characters to interchange in your party... how can an RPG geek lose?

5) Gran Turismo - though surpassed by more current games, the level of customization woke the world up to imports before suasage fest Vin Deisel ever did.

4)Bruce Lee - Commodore 64 at its best. If you never played it, if you're too young for Commodore.... you'll never know the glory.

3) Dragon Warrior - I'm speechless. What do you mean the dragon lord has revealed his true form?

2)Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter 2 - I'll tie them. Either way, when I was fourteen and hitting the arcades on Vacation in Vegas, no way to count the number of Arcade lurkers that killed my high by whuppin my butt.

1)Mike Tyson't Punch Out!!! - To quote Will Smith: "I think I can beat Mike Tyson"

I could go on forever... but these games consume my soul every time I pick them up.