Laura Bush Rocks Annual Press Dinner

DudeAsInCool

Laura leaves 'em laughing, gasping

Who knew?

First lady Laura Bush took over the podium from her husband at Saturday night's annual White House Correspondents' Association dinner and knocked 'em dead, keeping Washington's most powerful politicos in stitches as she worked the ballroom like a seasoned stand-up comic.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050501-105521-4706r.htm

Sample Jokes:

"George always says he's delighted to come to these press dinners. Baloney. He's usually in bed by now," Mrs. Bush said. "I'm not kidding. I said to him the other day, 'George, if you really want to end tyranny in the world, you're going to have to stay up later.' "

I'm quiet, he's talkative; I'm introverted, he's extroverted; I can pronounce nuclear. ..."

...her "Aunt Bea"-like mother-in-law is "actually more like ... hmm ... Don Corleone" --

"One night, after George went to bed, Lynne Cheney, [secretary of State] Condi Rice, [bush adviser] Karen Hughes and I went to Chippendales," she said, referring to a strip club where women tuck cash into male dancers' skimpy thongs. "I wouldn't even mention it except [supreme Court Justices] Ruth Ginsberg and Sandra Day O'Connor saw us there. I won't tell you what happened, but Lynne's Secret Service code name is now 'Dollar Bill.' "

...her husband lacked because the elite schools he attended, Andover and Yale, "don't have a real strong ranching program." She then added: "He's learned a lot about ranching since that first year when he tried to milk the horse. What's worse, it was a male horse." :lol:

She joked about her husband's proclivity to spend his vacation days at their Texas ranch clearing brush: "Or, as the girls call it, the Texas chainsaw massacre. George's answer to any problem at the ranch is to cut it down with a chainsaw -- which I think is why he and Cheney and Rumsfeld get along so well."

'Bloggers may have heard about it, but the general public certainly has not - and they should. At the White House Correspondent's Dinner Laura Bush said the following: "Nine o'clock. Mr. Excitement here is sound asleep and I'm watching 'Desperate Housewives' - with Lynne Cheney. Ladies and gentlemen, I am a desperate housewife," Bush deadpanned with perfect comic timing. then she said:

"George didn't know much about ranches when we bought the place. ... But I'm proud of George. He's learned a lot about ranching since that first year when he tried to milk the horse. What's worse, it was a male horse."

The first lady got even more laughs when she talked about how she went out one night with Cheney's wife, Lynne, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Bush confidante Karen Hughes to Chippendales, a club where women tuck cash in male dancers' skimpy drawers.

"I wouldn't even mention it, except (Supreme Court Justices) Ruth Ginsberg and Sandra Day O'Connor saw us there," Bush deadpanned. "I won't tell you what happened, but Lynne's Secret Service code name is now 'Dollar Bill.' " from here

can you imagine if any democrat said the same?

'Bloggers may have heard about it, but the general public certainly has not - and they should.

i meant the general amerikan public. bah...

MI, yeah it was scripted but my jaw almost hit the floor reading about it the other day. the general feeling i get is that the republican nannies fear the images that we lesser folk might get when anything vaguely sexual is mentioned (think janet jackson's exposed tit and the horror which ensued).

i'm thinking 'holy shit--they'd crucify anyone for suggesting such a thing but when /she/ does it, it's fucking cool.' :mad:

I hear the Republican right is not happy with her humor - you know what, fuck em if they cant take a joke :lol:

fuck em if they cant take a joke :lol:

after you, Alphonse :lol:

I saw clips on the news. It was scripted, but made me smile all the same.

yep...all well scripted bullshit..they still want to fuck social security..perhaps a few tastful, well rehearsed jokes and smart one liners on that subject barbara my dear....humour won`t quite cut it when your fucking husband pulls the rug out from under the elderly in your country...

only the elderly poor, kiwi, the rest of them don't give a fuck. :mad: