the world of the outlaw has been endlessly eulogised in song, play and

film while the outlaw’s tales have become sewn into the very fabric of

Western culture. Indeed the outlaw ethos lies at the heart of

everything from the gang aesthetic to the bling bling ideology of

contemporary urban culture. It’s all about being the outsider - living

through an alternative code.

Alabama 3 know all about being outsiders. They’ve taken an outlaw

approach since the day they first emerged from the free party scene to

combine acid house with country and western...

Read more here:

http://www.angloplugging.co.uk/artist.cfm?artistID=659

thank you, Dude. :wub: if i never heard of them but read this:

It’s all about being the outsider - living through an alternative code
i'd want to find out more but that's me. :)

*tumbleweeds blowing/crickets chirping* :lol:

fuckin-A! will you be at either bristol, manc or cardiff for the tour? (possibly glasgow, not sure yet) if so, we should definitely hook up. i met the best people via this band. :)

oh and you might not have ever heard this, it's from the semi-bootleg 'Zero Tolerance' album ('god's unchanging hand', the steam rooms mix)

fuckin-A! will you be at either bristol, manc or cardiff for the tour? (possibly glasgow, not sure yet) if so, we should definitely hook up. i met the best people via this band. :)

I'd love to, but I don't do crowds too well (suffer from long term depression) so I don't tend to get to gigs very often. :(

i know exactly what you mean (i have huge long-term depression as well). alabama 3 gigs are about the only things i look forward to going out to cause the people i meet are very friendly and non-judgmental. maybe some other time; i hear they're touring again in the Autumn, yay.

depression, drug addiction, death by natural causes, death by OD, failed rehab, sedition... i think all that is part of the outlaw/rebel appeal for me. then again, my BF's like the straightest person in the world (has a serious work ethic) and he digs them too. :)

johnny cash mask and boiler suit worn by the 'prisoners' (fans) in the vid 'Hello, I'm Johnny Cash'

post-119-1114836672.jpg

oh and you might not have ever heard this, it's from the semi-bootleg 'Zero Tolerance' album ('god's unchanging hand', the steam rooms mix)

Robert Johnson with electronica :lol:

i guarantee that they're gonna LOVE you after they hear that (they think rj's god).

• 2 weeks later...

tour poster minus venues and dates. :)

post-119-1115564079.gif

• 2 weeks later...

reviews of 'outlaw' on the 'net in various places, this is my fave so far:

'The theme tune from the Sopranos and some incendiary performances should really have catapulted these Brixton boys to national attention, but pop's own outlaw gang (reputedly formed in rehab) remain in a file marked Best Kept Secret. Their fourth album illustrates their schtick: Hank Williams goes acid house, and stars in a real-life Trainspotting on the way.

Alabama 3's world is one of missed last trains to Nashville, "shades" at breakfast, blurred lines between religious devotion and a lack of abstinence, and pseudonyms like The Very Reverend Dr D Wayne Love. However, beneath the pathos and irony, they are quietly becoming fabulous lyricists, able to set a scene in a single line.

'Always top drawer songwriters, the mythologising Hello ... I'm Johnny Cash and Up Above My Head are among the best in their canon. It's difficult to see what else they can do to become widely-loved except perform in every living room across the nation, which given their record of infamy shouldn't be ruled out.'

from the Guardian who called them 'the best live band in the UK' last year. :)