Spooky Tooth - Spooky Two

DudeAsInCool

Came across this today by mistake - if I recall, this was a pretty good album. This has some big big fans over at Amazon - here's some sample reviews:

Brian Rubendall (Oakton, VA) -

"Spooky Two" is a classic late sixties early seventies heavy metal album. The band Spooky Tooth sound a lot like early Deep Purple, though their music tends a bit more toward the psychedelic. The shared lead vocals by Gary Wright and Mike Harrison will remind you a little of Robert Plant. There are a lot of good instrumental jams through out the album and the production is first rate. "Feelin' Bad," "Evil Woman" and "That Was Only Yesterday," are probably the best tracks, though its hard to choose given the album's heavy consistency. "Evil Woman" is a classic of guitar and keyboard fury. A great soundtrack for any retro heavy metal party.

A Masterpiece, February 12, 2004

Reviewer: E. Joy "music fanatic" (Texas, USA) -

This album is one of the masterpieces of Rock music. Spooky Two ranks with The Beatles "Revolver" and "Abbey Road" and The Rolling Stones "Exile On Main Street" as one of the best records ever made. All of the songs are powerful, however I feel that "Waitin' For the Wind", "I've Got Enough Heartaches", "Lost In My Dream", and "Better By You, Better Than Me" are the highlights. The voices of Gary Wright and Mike Harrison are splendid, either on their own or in tandum. On the song "Evil Woman" they combine to drive the song higher and higher to a shattering climax. Spooky Tooth, while it recorded several fair albums both before and after Spooky Two, were never again able to reach the perfection of that record. Buy it for yourself and your friends who love great music.

1. Waitin' for the Wind

2. Feelin' Bad

3. I've Got Enough Heartaches

4. Evil Woman

5. Lost in My Dream

6. That Was Only Yesterday

7. Better by You, Better Than Me

8. Hangman Hang My Shell on a Tree

You can sample some of the above here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=music

post-38-1113534152.jpg

And Gary Wright was pretty good on his own, Dream Weaver, Love Is Alive, Phantom Writer are 3 of his best solo tunes although his albums were pretty good as a whole. His Dream Weaver album was done without any guitars, it was all keyboards and synthesizers............and it still sounds good today.

spooky tooth were an excellent british band..with an interesting history and some very good musicians....their version of the beatles classic " i am the walrus " is a stand out.......

post-38-1113697650.jpg

one of the founder members of spooky tooth, bassist greg ridley died last year......the relationship between spooky tooth and british rockers humble pie over the years is well documented...........

http://humble-pie.net/rockon/pie2/html/partyforgreg.html

http://www.spookytooth.com/welcome.htm

post-38-1113701337.jpg

• 2 years later...

Here is a video from the band in the past, doing a cover of the Band's The Weight:

Here they perform a song from yesteryear, 'Waiting For The Wind," which was on the original album.