What do you like about Metal ????

Undying Wizard

Because its loud and makes a statement. I've liked metal since the early Kinks. I was a big fan of the MC5 and Blue Cheer back in the day, and I think Led Zeppelin defined the genre.

this is not a test ,  or is it    LOL

Your thread - you set the rules :)

okay my rules unh ?

okay ,, anyone who posted after the 1st post is now banned ,, so me and DUDE are now banned for 3 days .

anyways ,, guess its to late( I mean as to what time it is ) for anyone to reply besides Dudeasincool and I

so Im goin to sleep maybe after this joint

Edited by Undying Wizard

i like guitar orientated rock and metal....i like the sound of a good lead break...and a good rock vocal....rock/metal bands that i listened to most in the 70`s were..robin trower, taste, UFO, michael schenker group, hawkwind, krokus, rainbow, deep purple, judas priest, ironmaiden...bands like that...mostly european and british bands....some L.A bands i listened to in the late `70`s early `80`s (and still do) ...van halen, shotgun messiah, dokken, lynch mob, blue oyster cult, steve vai.....i like the late dimebag darryll abbotts guitar playing.....pantera`s live video version of ' Cowboys from Hell " from ozzfest is metal to my ears....it`s a toss up at the moment as to who my all time favourite rock/metal guitarist is..it`s either frank zappa or steve vai........... :)

i like guitar orientated rock and metal....i like the sound of a good lead break...and a good rock vocal....rock/metal bands that i listened to most in the 70`s were..robin trower, taste, UFO, michael schenker group, hawkwind, krokus, rainbow, deep purple, judas priest, ironmaiden...bands like that...mostly european and british bands....some L.A bands i listened to in the late `70`s early `80`s (and still do) ...van halen, shotgun messiah, dokken, lynch mob, blue oyster cult, steve vai.....i like the late dimebag darryll abbotts guitar playing.....pantera`s live video version of ' Cowboys from Hell " from ozzfest is metal to my ears....it`s a toss up at the moment as to who my all time favourite rock/metal guitarist is..it`s either frank zappa or steve vai........... :)

you mostly ( in my book anyways ) mentioned rock not metal , but what you said is so close to my likes we should be brothers : )

I'm no big metal fan but I do like death metal like sepultura, slayer, cradle of filth etc etc. I hate the Judas Priest or Maiden type of metal with those annoying "melodic" voices

ohh and KiWiBank

from what you said Im sure you agree , Metal and Hard rock (classic) is the best thing to happen in its type of music, the bands you named makes me wish you was a women LOL sorry

you hate Maiden meth ????? then I hate you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no I dont hate you method , you "should " know that . I know what you mean by the singin it sounds like a guy takin it where the sun dont shine .... but you have to admit ( I hope ) that the band is awsome ..

a bit of news for you method....

CRADLE OF FILTH drummer Adrian Erlandsson (ex-AT THE GATES, THE HAUNTED) has launched his official web site at AdrianErlandsson.com.

"The site will eventually feature everything that I have ever done as well as upcoming gigs, rare mp3's, videoclips and midifiles, etc." Adrian told BLABBERMOUTH.NET in an e-mail. "So feel free to check it out!"

As previously reported, CRADLE OF FILTH's cover of CLIFF RICHARD's 1976 hit "Devil Woman", featuring a special guest appearance by King Diamond, has been made available as a Real Audio stream at this location.

CRADLE OF FILTH's version of "Devil Woman" will be included on the group's new CD, "Nymphetamine: Special Edition", due on March 1 via Roadrunner Records. The collection will feature two all-new tracks ("Prey" and "Soft White Throat"), covers of OZZY OSBOURNE's "Mr. Crowley", BATHORY's "Bestial Lust" and "Devil Woman", two previously unreleased tracks, all-new and expanded artwork and the video for "Nymphetamine".

CRADLE OF FILTH recently parted ways with bassist Dave Pybus for personal reasons. A replacement bassist has yet to be announced

ohh and KiWiBank

from what you said Im sure you agree , Metal and Hard rock (classic) is the best thing to happen in its type of music, the bands you named makes me wish you was a women LOL sorry

my wife is extremely happy that i`m not mate........ :lol:

ohh and KiWiBank

from what you said Im sure you agree ,    Metal and Hard rock (classic) is the best thing to happen in its type of music,  the bands you named makes me wish you was a women  LOL    sorry

my wife is extremely happy that i`m not mate........ :lol:

my " soon to be wife can agree "

good job kiwi :)

I admit, Maiden are huge (one of the top five bands of all times in terms of size) but I never liked them. Not my type of music but I always respect others people taste.

besides...if i was a woman i`d be a very old and ugly one with a black pointed hat and a broomstick and a high pitched cackle...you wouldn`t like me at all...i`m not that keen on ironmaiden either...i didn`t mind number of the beast but went right off them after that... :bigsmile:

besides...if i was a woman i`d be a very old and ugly one with a black pointed hat and a broomstick and a high pitched cackle...you wouldn`t like me at all...i`m not that keen on ironmaiden either...i didn`t mind number of the beast but went right off them after that... :bigsmile:

okay, ok

was just jokin,, in other words I like your taste in music and wish I could find a women with same thoughts ( actually I did find such a princess ) and will suffer the wounderfull joy of marrage soon,,, fogot to tell ZP & BK about that ..

Im getin married ,,,, god bless my soul

Edited by Undying Wizard

ohh,  damn Im stoned LOL

hey KIWI , didnt see you here before ( actually never seen ya )  Im glad your a mod you seem to be a to-like type person  : )

okay I really need to rest but Im having fun here

yes..i`m not feeling too bad myself..thanks for the kind words..i`m still getting the feel of things...:)

ohh sorry , I said back to thread but ...... I dont like having 5 blue dots , can I have 6 ? I will even take 4 --- I hate odd numbers

DAMN trigomatrywarped my mind

Increase your posts and it will change ;)