MillenniuM (TV show on DVDs)

slum_goddess

i loved this show when it first came out in 1996 and totally fell in love w/Lance Henriksen for awhile (the oldest dude i ever found sexy; he's older than Jagger). AFAIC, the series took this really wild supernatural turn late in the first season which really hooked me for good. then again, to balance it out, i heard Chris Carter included the soppy daughter because he was afraid it would be too dark and depressing for commercial consumption. :lol:

anyway, we've been watching it again and once more, totally intrigued. last night we saw the 2nd season finale, the one w/the fantastic Lara Means 'music vid' type montage w/Patti Smith's 'horses' in the background, just great, great stuff. coindidentally (or not), amazon just delivered season III (and it includes the 7th season x-files crossover ep, thank fuck for that).

as well, (apart from frank black, lara and peter watts) i'm totally in love w/the lucy butler character:

Lucy Butler: The Story of Legion

'My name is Legion,' he replied, 'for we are many.' --Mark 5:8-10

'The mythology of Millennium focused heavily on the nature of evil, both human and supernatural. It was the supernatural element which caught the attention of many Millennium fans in particular and this became known as the Legion myth-arc.

'There were many facets of Legion, earth bound manifestations of pure evil, but one of the most popular with Millennium's fans and also most seen throughout the show's three seasons was that of Lucy Butler, played five times with increasing intensity by talented actress Sarah-Jane Redmond. Sarah-Jane first appeared as Lucy in Millennium Season One's episode Lamentation and again in the follow-up episode Powers, Principalities, Thrones, and Dominions. Lucy (Redmond) would later reappear in the excellent Season Two episode, A Room With No View (a fan favourite) before returning for Season Three's episodes Antipas and Saturn Dreaming of Mercury (a brief but essential appearance)....' from here.

don't know if many/any will reply to this...AFAIC, Chris Carter can do no wrong (X-Files, Harsh Realm)

warning--not for the fainthearted or those who don't dig horrific images. (so once again, i'm in the minority which is totally cool--i'm used to it). *evil* mwah ha haaaaaah :lol:

edit: i'm prolly gonna cross-post this to my site cause i've been very lazy lately. :)

post-123-1112093686.jpg

mmmmmmm...malevolent ambience. :)

last night when we watched the two-part season III opener, i was reminded that back in 98, i misliked the direction it was going--like a cop show. but there's some good supernatural stuff coming up, yay. as well, i loved 'harsh realm' for the 3 eps it was shown on network TV and am considering getting the one completed season of it. (i have issues about what chris carter did to the really good comic he took HR from as well as the fact he dint credit james hudnall AFAIK).

yeah potato, that was in 'lamentation,' the episode that /really/ made me dig the show (it scared the shit outta me...a very good thing). :)

I loved the show also. I think my first exposure was when that woman was being kidnapped and had been transported on the underside of a vehicle. I'm bummed that all the shows are gone. This, X-Files, and yes, even The Lone Gunman (to be on DVD soon).

I will eventually start getting these DVDs. As soon as I finish my X-Files collection.

I believe in Great Britain they serve kidneys in a pie...perhaps SG can come up with a recipe for you, Potato....

:lol: pet man's the chef, not i. LOTD, you're talking about the 2nd season opener, when the dude hounding Frank finally kidnapped his wife. (listen to me...i wish i could be paid for knowing this nonessential crap).

wow...you're lucky--all i had when i was 13 was 'twilight zone.'