new mp3 player

method77

I think it's about time I threw away my old portable cd/mp3 player and get a small mp3 player.

I have decided this is the one to go for. It has everything I need with just 150 euros. 1Gb, FM, voice recording and VERY small.

Any suggestions?

Keep your old unit and invest the money in ammo.

I have a cd/mp3 player that I have had for several yrs and I was thinking about changing too. With the cd you have 700 megs and can change cd's and take extras with you. With the mp3 players you have to reload them and you are limited to the quantity. I like the smaller size though. Let me know how you like the conversion when you do change. I may wait until the portables have 10 gigs and the price gets cheap.

cheap...I love that word.

i have found CREATIVE hardware to be very good method...i still have my trusty soundblaster card and i still use it from time to time......i`m running a nvidia audio chipset at the moment and bugger me if the old soundblaster doesn`t sound better sometimes :) :)

The 20 gig models that you refer to are of the hard drive type right?? I'm talking about flash memory. No moving parts and smaller/lighter. I haven't checked in a few months so I really don't know what is available.

Joe, the first computer I bought didn't have a hard drive. It was an IBM pc. The first one I bought my son had a 850 meg hard drive which was huge at the time. I paid $400 or something like that for that hard drive. The next one had 2.8 gig then the next a 6 gig or something. Now my son has 620 gigs I believe. I've got around 2 terabytes in this machine. Drives have gotten cheap. :)

cheap....I still love that word. :lol:

the thing i was looking at when i got an mp3 player was whether or not it had expandable memory (whether or not you can put in a mem card)

i have a 128mb RCA Lyra with a 256mb card and to tell you the truth at the time i thought it would be enough but now am starting to like the sound of an ipod (a proper ipod with 20-40gb not 1 of those mini ipod fashion acssories) because you can put stacks of cd's onto them and you can make folders with different artists, thats why my mp3 player is annoying me coz i have to go through most of the songs to get to the one i want!

The 20 gig models that you refer to are of the hard drive type right?? I'm talking about flash memory. No moving parts and smaller/lighter. I haven't checked in a few months so I really don't know what is available.

I mean something like this.

60Gb and pretty cheap

hmm.....<_>

That is the miniature hard drive type. They are larger and heavier than the flash memory type but they hold lots more. They are still smaller than the personal cd players. I think they are pretty durable but they are a hard drive so how durable and for how long I don't know. I think I would rather have one of those than the memory stick types because the hard drive types hold so much more.

I think it's about time I threw away my old portable cd/mp3 player and get a small mp3 player.

Any suggestions?

give it to a hot babe--dont throw it away :lol:

:lol: (ps, i was gonna post for method to send it to me but i'm not a hot babe)

• 2 weeks later...

my new player came in the mail today. I can't believe how small and lightweight it is. And the damn thing holds 1gb and sounds great. Records really good too.

Damn technology still amazes me. I remember when I got my first walkman as a gift. A HUGE panasonic that could play a TAPE and I could listen to it EVERYWHERE! WOW!

my new player came in the mail today. I can't believe how small and lightweight it is. And the damn thing holds 1gb and sounds great. Records really good too.

What did you buy? :strumma: