Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

DudeAsInCool

What Artists Influenced Today's Pop Superstars

Inspirations

Who are the artists that influenced today’s top American musical artists? Find out today as CATHY TAMKIN (Pop Secret) hosts this live special from 1 to 4 pm.

Listen to the show here:

http://www.kcrw.com/show/ps

at the risk of showing my age, most of the popstars i hear sound like backup singers from the 60s and 70s. sorry, everyone--it's my old ears or something. then again, i hear the scissors sisters and they remind me of the beegees after they went disco in the 70s. *puke*

*ducks* hahahahaha.

at the risk of showing my age, most of the popstars i hear sound like backup singers from the 60s and 70s.

Generation gap :lol:

funnily enough, pet man (34) agrees w/me. :) (then again, he's a headbanger from way back.) his yuppie colleagues are into pop and he's in torture like 9-5 every day (so he's taken to wearing his headphones in order not to kill them all). last week he sent me mail saying 'i'm dying here, the scissors sisters are mutilating the clash's 'police and thieves.' i told him to shoot the damn boombox and be done w/it once and for all. :lol:

deffinatly micheal jackson. i think he influenced everyone in todays music. johnny freeman is one of my faves and he sounds just like MJ.

Pop stars heve no influences. They just sing(?) along those tunes that the record company likes.

deffinatly micheal jackson. i think he influenced everyone in todays music. johnny freeman is one of my faves and he sounds just like MJ.

I agree. He was so big before that almost every artist wanted to be like him. Even up to now, you can still hear his influence on a number of musical artists....

For females, I think Madonna was a major influence, combining music and dance into a concertshow.

Guest .::BeatFactory::.
Inspirations

Who are the artists that influenced today’s top American musical artists? Find out today as CATHY TAMKIN (Pop Secret) hosts this live special from 1 to 4 pm.

Listen to the show here:

http://www.kcrw.com/show/ps

I can't believe she really created this stuff!!!

movietheatpopsecret.gif