Feeling out of place

MoonMan

Hello everyone! It's been quite some time since I have posted on this site. I've been going through a mountain of bullshit in real life.

I just recently reformatted after my system just randomly decided to delete its own registry. In redownloading everything, and trying to remember my favorites, I decided I should stop by here. It's a really great site, and I wish I was apart of it from the beginning.

Anyway, I want to clear up a few things and ask a few questions while I'm at it. Firstly, where do you folks hang out ? Do you have a DC++ hub or perhaps some kind of chat client? I'd really like to join in some discussions and stuff.

Secondly, could a mod delete this thread and perhaps remove the link from the front of the page? If someone wants the link to stay, that's fine, but I would really like to see the thread deleted. The whole IRC room has been a giant failure. From #zeropaid to #beatbox, it's gone from bad to worse. I actually gave up on it months ago, but now I am finally admitting it. I gave up on p2pchat all together. I'll leave the details out, but I will say that it was not any one factor or person that helped me decide this.

On a side note, people like potato and cpu were the only reasons why I ever went. I dunno if they still go, or if anyone aside from 4 or so idlers native to p2pchat, but if you do then please don't be mad at me for posting this. It's just time that I came to my senses.

Thirdly, what is some good music to download? I'm into rock-ish stuff, however I will try anything (rap is my least favorite, but I'm open minded), and I need new stuff. Also, what are some good applications and/or sites to get music and stuff off of ? Mal intents bittorrent threads are great, but I'm interested in what everyone personally uses.

Thanks in advance and if it isn't too much of your time, post and say hi!

Nice to see you Moony. I also gave up IRC. I still visit cpu's hub and also notbob's (nate) hub but I'm mostly in the soulseek channel all the time. Drop in and tell me all about it.

No time for music suggestions now cause I'm at work but search through the music sections for suggestions and releases

Nice to see you back Moony. I too gave up on chat a long time ago (it got kind of boring and lost its appeal. I'm not much of a chatter anyway).

As for music recommendations, the only "new" band I've heard recently is a band called "Shinedown" from Jacksonville Florida. Hard Rock but main influences from Lynyrd Skynyrd and metallica (actually, combing the two would give you them). I don't listen to them because I find it a bit repetitive and one-soundish (not a lot of varying, and I’m hard to please), but you might like it.

I have the album that includes the bonus Skynyrd cover of "Simple Man" (it was pretty good). If you want it, maybe it'll magically appear somehow (PM me and I’ll tell you how to make it magically appear, if you want).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=music&n=507846

Edited by Ken

Also, for your P2P needs, I'm going to recommend the Newsgroups to you, if you can access them.

Many people kept telling me that nothing could beat the newsgroups, and they were right. I was cynical and suspicious of their comments at first, but when I got the hang of finding a quality listing site (like newzbin.com), and using PAR files, I was set. I've never seen so much quality content.

Full DVD rips (image format, 4 gigs and up)? Are you kidding me?!?! Apparently not.

Edited by Ken

Good to hear from ya Moonman. I have not been at any of the old hubs for quite a while since I lost all my addys to a format. I was not even sure who still had a hub going. I mainly hang out here and the Rasta's site (P2P Consortium) nowadays.

Hey Moonman. I was beginning to think that cat fetish had landed you a place behind bars. Glad you're in relatively good shape.

Check out Destroy Rock and Roll by Mylo. Might be difficult to get your hands on, but you will love it after the second or third play.

Thanks for the kudos on my BT sites guide.

As a habitant of Ken's stupid list, I use Ares to get my music. I've heard lots of good things about newsgroup, Since you you speak fluent circuitry, you should go with Ken.

Nice to see you are still above ground and taking nourishment, Moonie. :)

Chat...bleh. Huge timesuck. For music dl'ing, try Soulseek, as Brother Method hath alredy suggested. Lots of somewhat obscure or even nearly impossible to find stuff lots of cool and stupid people.

Hmmmm...music.

The Pillows (from Japan) are pretty "rocky." And they have a new one out, plus a huge back catalog.

Queens Of The Stone Age have a new one (leaked) out.

What else might you like...um, "rock-ish stuff" is a pretty broad category...Elefant, The Connells, The Dents, Kyuss, Monster Magnet, Ween, Turbonegro, Catherine Wheel, Knapsack or Jealous Sound, PJ Ollson, Endochine...um Hendrix? Some old Kinks?

welcome back!

I can answer the IRC question :) Potato and CPU still go in there but not as often, meaning there are times I've been there when they weren't. P2PChat sucks very badly now and usually nothing going on anywhere really. Nice to see you again. Best Wishes :bigsmile:

It's still on my autojoin, for whatever strange fucked reason. cpu and I are mostly active in a different channel these days. Moony, I miss you. Call me sometime!

As for music, I'm not sure if you and I ever liked the same stuff... but I've been listening to Elbow, the Tragically Hip and Dropping Daylight a bunch lately.

I've discovered the joy of mp3 blogs. Though I can't search what I want, it's great to listen to new stuff that I wouldn't normally ever think of listening to. Besides, it's about the only damn thing I can use that's not blocked here at school.

I hope that your 'mountain of bullshit' is coming to its end, and you can spend more time here with us.

Moonie its really great to hear that things are working out for you, and I truly miss hearing from you, like I used to in the mornings. My life has basicly been a crock of shit this last while, Im not going into details here, suffice it to say most probably know what Im speaking of anyway. Anyhow all the best, and I hope things just keep getting better for you, as you really deserve some good things in life.

Peace

It is good to hear from you moonman.

I know it wasn't the purpose of your thread, but I thought I'd just say that I was never really a chatter, so I just stayed away for the most part.

Hope your spot of the earth clears up.

Hey MoonMan, it's good to see you here again.

I still pop into p2pchat from time to time, but i agree it is far more dull than it once was. Many of the best regulars are no longer there, and there has been a shortage of worthwhile newcomers. Basically much of it it has become the domain of 15 yr old lamers looking for cybersex.

As for music, i can recommend "the Mars Volta" as a fine up and coming band - I've been touting them around for a while now, and many people including wingnut2600 have jumped on the bandwagon after me.