Crennel accepts Browns offer

Yoda

I dont think they're is any Brown's fans here but I don't wanna leave anyone out so here ya go.

February 7, 2005, at 10:32 AM ET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacksonville, FL (Sports Network) - Patriots defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel accepted an offer to become the new head coach of the Cleveland Browns after New England's Super Bowl XXXIX victory over the Eagles on Sunday night.

It didn't take long. Browns president John Collins called after the game, and Crennel said yes.

"I was excited about that," Crennel said. "I'm excited about the opportunity to work with them." Crennel, who had been rumored to be in line for the Cleveland job for some time, could be introduced as the first black head coach in team history as early as Tuesday.

Contract negotiations between Crennel's agent, Joe Linta, and the Browns are set to begin Monday, the team said.

New England ended its season in fine fashion Sunday, claiming its third championship in four years with a 24-21 win over Philadelphia at ALLTEL Stadium.

The 57-year-old Crennel, who started his pro coaching career on Ray Perkins' staff with the New York Giants in 1981, will be Cleveland's third coach since 1999, when the Browns returned to the league as an expansion team.

Since then, the club has posted a dismal 30-67 mark and lost their only playoff game in 2002.

Crennel is no stranger to the Browns organization. He served as the club's defensive coordinator in 2000 under Chris Palmer, who was fired after going just 5-27 in two years. In Crennel's one season in charge of Cleveland's defense, the Browns recorded 42 sacks -- a 17-sack improvement over the previous year.

He was also interviewed for the head coaching position before Butch Davis was hired in 2001.

Read More..

I dont think they're is any Brown's fans here but I don't wanna leave anyone out so here ya go.

February 7, 2005, at 10:32 AM ET

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacksonville, FL (Sports Network) - Patriots defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel accepted an offer to become the new head coach of the Cleveland Browns after New England's Super Bowl XXXIX victory over the Eagles on Sunday night.

It didn't take long. Browns president John Collins called after the game, and Crennel said yes.

"I was excited about that," Crennel said. "I'm excited about the opportunity to work with them." Crennel, who had been rumored to be in line for the Cleveland job for some time, could be introduced as the first black head coach in team history as early as Tuesday.

Contract negotiations between Crennel's agent, Joe Linta, and the Browns are set to begin Monday, the team said.

New England ended its season in fine fashion Sunday, claiming its third championship in four years with a 24-21 win over Philadelphia at ALLTEL Stadium.

The 57-year-old Crennel, who started his pro coaching career on Ray Perkins' staff with the New York Giants in 1981, will be Cleveland's third coach since 1999, when the Browns returned to the league as an expansion team.

Since then, the club has posted a dismal 30-67 mark and lost their only playoff game in 2002.

Crennel is no stranger to the Browns organization. He served as the club's defensive coordinator in 2000 under Chris Palmer, who was fired after going just 5-27 in two years. In Crennel's one season in charge of Cleveland's defense, the Browns recorded 42 sacks -- a 17-sack improvement over the previous year.

He was also interviewed for the head coaching position before Butch Davis was hired in 2001.

Read More..

There is a Browns fan now. That would be me. I hope it will do some good getting Crennel.

Muahaha I found us a member with my sports new lol

hey Venkman do you like Luke Mccown? I think the kid has a cannon for an arm but needs to make better decisions.

Muahaha I found us a member with my sports new lol

hey Venkman do you like Luke Mccown? I think the kid has a cannon for an arm but needs to make better decisions.

You just took the words right out of my mouth. Luke McCown has great potential, he just needs better judgement.