What were "the goods"?

Shawn

Musically, I'm almost ready to write-off most of the 80's as a bad mistake, really only worth owning for the cheese value.

The 90's however, (esp. the early-to-mid) were a source of some of the best music in existence in my opinion.

Any other fans of the 90's? And if so, what stuff? (examples of artists/song)

edit- second thought, how about enough for a "greatest hits of the 90's album" ie 14-18 songs

Collective Soul - the world I know

Live - lightning crashes

Counting Crows - round here

Smashing Pumpkins - bullet with butterfly wings

REM - everybody hurts

Nirvana - man who sold the world

Violent Femmes - american music

Tragically Hip - long time running

Tom Waits - who are you

Our Lady Peace - clumsy

Cranberries - zombie

Tea Party - save me

Bush - swallowed

Pearl Jam - daughter

Beck - loser

RHCP - under the bridge

I'm going to begin adding stuff as soon as I remember them, but here's some 90s stuff that still works for me:

Ricki Lee Jones: Ricky Lee Jones (1990); Pirates (1990)

Greatest Songs to Come out of the 90's. Ight here is my list:

Tool: Anything

Marilyn Manson: Anything

Nirvana: Anything

Pantera: This Love

White Zombie: Anything

Korn: Fagot

Rage Against The Machine: Anything

Green Day: Brainstew

Down: Stone The Crow

Metallica: Anything off the Black Album

Coal Chamber: Anything off of Coal Chamber

Candlebox: Anything off of Candlebox

Soundgarden: Anything

Alice In Chains: Anything

There's some good stuff there drnkbudweiser. I like some of the stuff from most of those guys, but Nirvana and Green Day definitely top the list in my opinion.

You're not into the Offspring?

Musically, I'm almost ready to write-off most of the 80's as a bad mistake, really only worth owning for the cheese value.

Y'know, a dinosaur like myself doesn't stay on top of a lot of current stuff....defined in my case as post-1970's, lol. But to dismiss the decade of the eighties would be a mistake. I'm sure there's a lot of good 80's stuff out there. Culture Club was essentially an 80's group, and a lot of their earlier stuff holds up very well now, even if Boy George gives you the willies. Anybody else wanna defend the groups whose careers were essentially contained in that decade?

I've always been a Faith No More fan and aren't they from the eighties? And yeah I am kinda into The Offspring but more along the lines of there old stuff. But Nirvana will always be in my top 3 favorite bands of all time and Green Day's old stuff is pretty awesome but I am not into the new shit

Faith No More, yeah they were good. Epic was, well, epic.

I imagine we could come up with 4-5 killer artists from the 80's, but they pale next to the decade on either side of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hard for me to pick up songs from the decade of the 90s! Guess if u want be to name some of my favorite albums from the decade I'd go by

• Amused To Death - Roger Waters
  • OK Computer - Radiohead
  • Pieces of You - Jewel
  • Use Your Illusion II - gnr
  • Bends - Radiohead
  • Kid A - Radiohead

lol!! I like Radiohead too much! And my brains are dead or something cuz I cant really think of any other album right now! But surely there are a few other albums!

Good stuff madcap. :good job:

When I first posted this most folks focused on the fact I said I preferred the music before and after the 80's. :lol:

I am going to be lazy and agree with Shawn, drnkbudweiser and madcap. There is some great music there. FNM was great also. The album "Epic' was on came out in '89 but it was definitely great. I cannot tell you how many times in the field at Fort Irwin I played "Edge of the World." This was when Desert Storm kicked off and my music was my salvation for the months that followed. I needed all the help I could get for the first half of the 90s.

:psychofun:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...