phyllis schlafly is back

slum_goddess

does everyone know who this conservative asshole is? does your country have an outspoken 'religious' asshole like her? to me, she's like the smell of shit from long past which doesn't go away, ever: '...She has been a leader of the pro-family movement since 1972, when she started her national volunteer organization now called Eagle Forum. In a ten-year battle, Mrs. Schlafly led the pro-family movement to victory over the principal legislative goal of the radical feminists...' from this page. (nb: 'radical' to schlafly means anyone in favor of choice/abortions)

anyway, the latest: 'Let's put together the different messages of the "pro-life" radical right to see what they really think about preventing abortion, what they really think about the lack of quality day care, and what they really think about prison torture. All those things have to do with valuing life, right?

'The American Life League advises on its website: "Be good to yourself. Don't use condoms." The American Life League and the American Family Association accuse Margaret Sanger (the founder of the modern birth control movement and Planned Parenthood of America) of being "an adulteress, racist and bigot, a supporter of Hitler's Nazi party and a believer in eugenics." There are too many abortions -- but don't use birth control...

'...According to Concerned Women for America, "the outcomes are undesirable when children spend too much time in day care," including illness, stress, and aggressive, defiant, and disobedient behavior, and "anti-social personality disorder." But don't hold your breath that CWA has a mission to improve the quality of child care in America. No way -- it's not even on its list of "core issues." (It's more important to prevent gays from marrying and having families and to teach abstinence in schools.)'

but this kills me most: 'The blame is placed entirely at the feet of feminists who, according to CWA, seek to "free themselves of motherhood" by just dumping their kids in day care so they can have a career. Phyllis Schafly, the queen mother of the radical right, explains exactly who these heartless women are. On her website, you can see the infamous Abu Ghraib torture photo of Lynndie England leading a prisoner on a leash with the caption: "how feminists dream of treating men."

more here.

i remember first hearing about her in the 70s and thinking she was out of her fucking mind. remember, this was when it seemed that freaks were everywhere (w/a hope for the culture around them).

anyway, here's her boyfriend rush 'addict' limbaugh: 'Women still make up an average of only 13 percent of police officers… They’re never happy. And I don’t mean women. I’m talking about the activists. Don’t lose your cookies out there. This is according to the National Center for Women and Policing, which is a division of the Feminist Majority Foundation of American, which is the feminazis. This is exactly what I’m talking about. So what’s the reaction to this? Well, here’s my reaction, in the typical Rush fashion: If we’ve got four new female police chiefs out there, then I guess we can watch out for some naked pyramids among prisoners in these new jailhouses that these women ran, because we had a woman running the prison in Abu [Algore pronunciation] Grab. That’s how you do it.'

the frightening thing is, too many people believe this shit.

we had one of those down here..her name was patricia bartlett and she was a ex-nun (surprise, surprise)..she started an outfit called " the society for the promotion of community standards ' which had the same aims and said the same things as herr schafly did...the interfering, frigid, frustrated bitch is dead now thank christ......... <_>

(nb: 'radical' to schlafly means anyone in favor of choice/abortions)

She is an asshole, though I would 98% agree with her on this issue (with maybe one exception).

I personally don't believe in the word "choice" being used in this context since I see two beings, and not one.