Punk Rock - Name Your Favorites

DudeAsInCool

over here, he's like a favored son or whatever...he did these specials taped all over the world w/bees, sharks and monkeys; i guess he's closest to a (real, fucked-up) celebrity now than ever but i don't care. his attitude is still 'fuck off;' i love it. :wub:

• 3 months later...

i love my life with the thrill kill kult, they're kinda punk-y (they have an excellent seditious attitude as well), my fave is 'i live for drugs' (cause i do, lol) :good job:

post-7-1121495749.jpg

• 10 months later...

I really enjoy punk rock. Of course, I listen to basically everything listenable. My favorites include Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Blink 182 (Pop-punk, yeah) and Rancid.

• 6 months later...

For me it'll have to be Dead Kennedies, Black Flag and Pennywise. I fucking love Pennywise, as far as I'm concerned, that band can do no wrong, to the point that I'm seriously considering a PW tattoo. If only I could persuade the Mrs to let me....how punk am I...

there's what they call an 'old punk movement' still in existence here in the UK and that's one of the main reasons i love living here. nobody looks at me as if i'm crazy. when i last visited my fam in NYC (last february), three different people (all strangers) came up to me on the streets and asked me what band i'm in. i was all WHAT THE FUCK? they ALL went 'your hair' and i tried to be nice but couldn't prevent rolling my eyes. morons.

• 1 month later...
there's what they call an 'old punk movement' still in existence here in the UK and that's one of the main reasons i love living here. nobody looks at me as if i'm crazy. when i last visited my fam in NYC (last february), three different people (all strangers) came up to me on the streets and asked me what band i'm in. i was all WHAT THE FUCK? they ALL went 'your hair' and i tried to be nice but couldn't prevent rolling my eyes. morons.

Oh man that shit pisses me off. My favorite though is if I'm wearing a band t-shirt and people start shouting lyrics at you from across the street. Or, even better, they come over to you and start talking about the band and you have to correct them every step of the way.

Oh man that shit pisses me off. My favorite though is if I'm wearing a band t-shirt and people start shouting lyrics at you from across the street. Or, even better, they come over to you and start talking about the band and you have to correct them every step of the way.

yup. but mostly i don't waste my time, they only want attention.

Since we're on the subject again, Oi! anyone?

OI! :)

duh? WHY, CD? :lol:

in all actuality those who are termed as 'punk' these days don't do it for me (e.g., green day or whatever). feel free to yousendit whatever you'd dig me hearing (but not if i have to sign in to hear it, there are ways around that).

• 3 weeks later...
duh? WHY, CD? :lol:

in all actuality those who are termed as 'punk' these days don't do it for me (e.g., green day or whatever). feel free to yousendit whatever you'd dig me hearing (but not if i have to sign in to hear it, there are ways around that).

Heh, barely anything I listen to can be considered new ... So I understand what you mean.

i'm listening to 'pretty vacant' and 'god save the queen' as we speak. and then it's off to the Clash and Sandinista and the Sex Pistols live at Shepherd's Bush (london, ages ago).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Great story on punk rock roots and Link Wray ... he was the real deal ....

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link Wray: How a One-Lunged Shawnee Indian Invented Punk

The story of Link Wray, “Rumble,” and the meanest D-chord ever recorded

It seems unlikely that you could draw a straight line between the roaring, shredded power chords wrenched out of the ’53 Les Paul wielded by a Korean War vet in 1958 to Steve Jones’ “punk” rock riffs with the Sex Pistols on his Les Paul nearly two decades later. But Fred Lincoln “Link” Wray, a half Shawnee Indian born dirt poor in rural North Carolina, changed rock guitar forever with his ’58 instrumental hit “Rumble.” Even the leather jackets adopted by bands like the Pistols and the Heartbreakers were a throwback to Link Wray, the other Man in Black, as were the riffs and power chords he pummeled into existence with the Wraymen, which included his brothers Vernon and Doug.

The unrepentant father of distortion and the power chord was born to semiliterate street preachers and started playing guitar at age eight, when a black circus performer named Hambone showed him a few chords and how to play slide guitar.

Link Wray died in Denmark, his adopted home, in 2005 with his fourth wife, Olive Julie. He had never stopped playing guitar, touring regularly to capacity theater crowds, and was the rare cult figure who ..................................

PLEASE READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE HERE:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Feat...ne-Lunged%20Sh/

Thanks for checking this out ...

• 2 weeks later...
Sex Pistols and EXPLOITED have always been my favorites!

UK is the only country that produce the true PUNKS!!!

God save the queen and Happy New Year to all!

Happy New Year, TheCoffeeMug

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...