Happy Birthday KISS!

Lord_of_the_Dense

I'd like to dedicate this thread to truly one of the greatest bands in hard rock history. This is a positive thread. Bring up any favorite songs, memories, albums, encounters, whatever you recall when it comes to this mighty phenomenon.

For me, it started back in the 3rd grade. It would have been the late 70's and the solo albums, Detroit Rock City and Kiss trading cards were the big thing. I can still, to this day, recall the distinct smell of those cards as they were passed around.

My first album ever was Dynasty, known for the hit "I Was Made For Lovin' You." I purchased it in a swap meet in Saugus, California in early 1980 along with Foreigner's album 4. When I brought this album back to my house, I placed it on my parents' record player. The first song, the hit mentioned above, was scratched. I'm sure I was totally upset, but I got over it. I learned to enjoy that song with the static/scratch every time it played. It was like a whole new experience when I finally got it on cassette.

To this day, I have saved the cover of that album sleeve. I still have the cassette and also the CD. I think it is the only album in my collection that I have had 3 different formats for. I saw them once at Red Rocks in Denver, Colorado while I was stationed at Fort Carson. It was around 1990 and during the Hot in the Shade tour. While not their best album, it was an awesome show.

I think there will always be a place in my heart for this band.

a great band.........." detroit rock city " would be my favourite kiss track

Kiss donated a Kiss Kasket to the family of Damageplan/Pantera guitarist Dimebag Darrell for the metal star to be buried in......(" This is the ultimate KISS collectible, " said Gene Simmons. "I love livin’, but this makes the alternative look pretty damn good.")

Darrell was a huge Kiss fan and even had a tattoo of the band on his body. As well as the Kiss tatt, Darrell also had kiss guitarist Ace Frehley autograph it and had that tattooed to his body as well.

KISS are the music industry’s all time merchandising and licensing leader with over HALF A BILLION DOLLARS in revenue and 2,500 LICENSED PRODUCTS AROUND THE WORLD........

post-7-1107122903.jpg

Edited by kiwibank

For me it was the "Hotter Than Hell" album that started it all and when I heard that one I just had to have their 1st album. My favorite track from "Hotter Than Hell" is "Parasite", that song kick @ss. If I had to pick an all time favorite KISS track I don't think I could, that would be a hard pick to make. I know everybody has their favorite from the band, Gene....Paul.....Ace etc. mine was Peter Criss, I loved his solo effort, I felt he tried to do something that was more him and not KISS......the track "I Can't Stop The Rain" is probably my favorite from his solo effort. Anyways, long live KISS.............ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT AND PARTY EVERYDAY!!!!!

kiss.jpg