Death of Actor Darryl Armstrong

darrylarmstrong.jpgTORONTO--(MARKET WIRE)--Jan 30, 2005 -- It is with great sadness that we report that early Saturday morning, Halifax born, Toronto-based actor Darryl Armstrong (23) allegedly committed suicide by jumping off a bridge on Mount Pleasant Rd. in Toronto. He was pronounced dead on arrival. Peel Regional Police continues its investigation.

It is with great sorrow that we extend our condolences and our deep-felt sympathy to his entire family. He will be missed not only by his friends and co-workers but also by the cast and crew of Showcase's "Queer as Folk" and "Degrassi Junior High."

Read entire story here.

Darryl is an ANGEL Now

I am greatful to say I had the opportunity to have Darryl as a friend. I am still in shock about the tragedy but I will be strong for him, his family and his friends. I am celebrating his life and his quirky laugh, tuesday free movie nights and late night burger king escapades will be missed.

Darryl was a fearless man and a talented actor. His spark was electric and he was a supportive friend. I remember once getting stuck in the rain with my bike during rush hour. I couldn't get on the TTC so I called him and he let me into his house, gave me dry clothes and fed me lunch. He was the type of guy who was never too busy to help someone out.

I love him and may he rest.

Love Melissa

You came to the right place, Melissa. If you need a friend, you have plenty of them here. Anybody's suicide is tragic. But when it hits that close, I would imagine it to be devastating. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to get in touch with any of us.

what they all said above especially rainbowdemon. most of us have been through this a number of times already, very depressing if you can't talk to someone freely about it.

I was sorry to hear the news Melissa, I knew Darryl only briefly this past year. A number of us ventured out to the clubs a handful of times. I'd wanted to get to know him better, but never found a reason to call him up so we could hang out. You're right... His laugh will be missed by all who knew it.

Scott

It is a great disappointment when someone you know and love commits suicide. I didn’t know Darryl personally… but I (and my family) am close to his family (being neighbours). I attended his funeral, and it was very upsetting. I feel for those who lost him as a friend, brother, son, cast member, relative, etc. I wish I could have met him when I had a chance. All I know him as is a picture and an actor and a friend to many. May Darryl rest in peace.

It is a great disappointment when someone you know and love commits suicide. I didn’t know Darryl personally… but I (and my family) am close to his family (being neighbours). I attended his funeral, and it was very upsetting. I feel for those who lost him as a friend, brother, son, cast member, relative, etc. I wish I could have met him when I had a chance. All I know him as is a picture and an actor and a friend to many. May Darryl rest in peace.

Nicely said, Blue Cheese

I knew Darryl personally for the past four years, and while he and I never really had the chance to become great friends due to distance, we did get the opportunity to have some very special moments together...and I have never forgotten them...nor will I ever.

Darryl and I met on the set of Queer as Folk back in 2001...and while he was not a featured actor on the show, and while he may never have touched the hearts of the audience of the show, he certainly touched mine...

I can still hear his voice...and I can still see his face. And I hope that he is looking down right now at the ones who remember him fondly..and I hope that he is smiling...

So tonight I lit candles for you, Darryl...these flames that burn for you...so that I may always remember you...I pulled out a picture of you and I from a couple of years ago...and it sits in my bedroom...by the candles...by the flames...so that I may always remember you...and so that I will never, ever forget...

Darryl, you are missed beyond words...

May we all meet again someday...

xoxoxo

~ rob peace

Darryl was my ex-Boyfriend and friend all around... it's so nice to see how he is remembered. I wish I could have done more...been there more. I'll always have a place in my heart for him, "Boo" was my nick name for him...for x-mass he bought me a BIG blue stuffed dog ...we shared alot...

i'll always miss him....though the pain has dulled to a numbness I can explan I work and drink the pain away.

May he rest in peace...May he find the peace in heavn he was unable to find on earth.

My flowers have been layed and the candels are spent.

I love you darryl.................

If anyone has more pic's of darryl please send them to me, [email protected]

My picture box was lost when I moved to Cali.......so please...

Edited by DudeAsInCool

Based on the testaments in this thread, it sounds like Darryl was really well liked. I think society puts too much pressures on kids trying to make it, particularly in the entertainment industry where high visibility is the end all.

I had an acquaintance who was on such a high mantlepiece that he was never able to feel normal. And when you read the write-ups, they make him sound like a God. I knew him just as Jay...

http://www.google.com/search?q=+Jay+Molone...=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

May Darryl rest in peace...