Double, Triple, Mulitple Guitars

Cerebral_Assassin

Yep, I believe it. Speaking of double guitar players, how about John McGlaughlin?

i`m not saying that it`s not possible..certainly many rockers are/were adept on the double guitar...as dude says...john mc glaughlin, jimmy page (although i don`t hink that he was that good), tesla, george lynch, reb beach, warren haynes, billy sheehan on double bass (fantastic..catch him on steve vai`s video " bad horsie ").....the soundtrack and the playing on that link seem disjointed..is the dude in the vid actually playing it?????

post-7-1106958955.jpg

how about John McGlaughlin?

he used to be fantastic (ages back in mahavishnu orchestra).

nice one guys..his name is michael angelo batio and he played in the `80`s hair band " nitro "..and i must admit that i had never heard of him until now...i will now do penance and track down and listen to and watch everything that he has ever done.... :good job:

Guitar One Magazine voted Michael the no. 1 Shredder of ALL TIME in their April 2003 issue. Other notable guitarists that made the top 10 were John Petrucci, Paul Gilbert, Buckethead, (the late, great) Shawn Lane and Yngwie Malmsteen.

Guitar World Magazine, Jan 2004 issue, names Michael Angelo Batio’s “Speed Kills” one of the “75 Essential Guitar DVD’s”. Guitar World and a host of rock giants named their favorite guitar DVD’s. “Speed Kills”, Michael’s instructional DVD is in the category “Master Classes” with B.B King, Flea, Frank Gambale and John Petrucci. Guitar World calls “Speed Kills”: “The ultimate face-melting instructional DVD”.

Guitar Plus Magazine, Jan. 2004 issue in The Netherlands and Europe featured Michael as their cover story. He is pictured on the cover as well as in a 6 page article.

Guitar World Magazine (March 2004 issue) names Michael Angelo Batio one of the “Top 100 Greatest Metal Guitarists of All Time”. Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Edward Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page were among the 100 chosen. Everyone from CNN to Yahoo on-line has talked and written about this.

Michael was honored by the G Martell University in Mexico City, Mexico in September 2003. They named a classroom in his honor and placed his hand prints in cement displaying them on their “Walk of Fame”.

In October 2003 Dean Guitars presented Michael with a new Double-Guitar designed by Dean Zelinsky called the “The Dean Mach 7- Jet Double”.

Michael performed 108 shows in 2003.

Michael released 2 DVDs in 2003. “Speed Kills” and “Speed Lives”.

Both are in conjunction with Doug Marks and Metal Method Productions.

FHM Magazine, November issue 2003 named Michael and his “Quad” guitar one of the top 50 most outrageous moments in rock history! The Beatles, Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Bob Dylan, Metallica, Axel Rose, The Eagles and many more were also named to the list. Halle Berry is featured on the cover.

Michael started playing piano and composing at age 5 and started playing guitar at age 10.

post-7-1106987290.gif

Edited by kiwibank

beautiful........i have a vid of david lee roth and steve vai doing " just like paradise "..there are a few shots in it of vai playing the red heart shaped tri - guitar "..very cool...

Edited by kiwibank

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
pretty cool....is he for real though????

Okay, somebody here at BK's gotta be a guitar player.......can he be for real?

Can a guy/gal be coordinated enough to do this?

C'mon.....somebody fess up.

Yup, he can be that coordinated. All he is doing is tapping/hammer-ons, though he is one ambidextrous motherfucker.

Here is jazz guitarist extraordinaire Stanley Jordan explaining why he might use two guitars at the same time. Fascinating!

Edited by CTC Command

• 3 months later...