Owens believes he'll play in the Super Bowl

Yoda

By DAN GELSTON, AP Sports Writer

January 24, 2005

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Terrell Owens says his recovery is way ahead of schedule, surprising even his doctor.

Whether the All-Pro wide receiver will be healthy enough to play for the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl remains a mystery.

``What a lot of people don't realize is that I've been doing a lot of rehab on my own, a lot of healing on my own, but spiritually God is healing me and I'm way ahead of where a lot of people expect me to be, even the doctor,'' Owens said Monday. ``He's even shocked at what he's seen. Spiritually I've been healed and I believe that I'll be out there on that field Sunday, regardless of what anyone says.''

Owens was among several Eagles, including quarterback Donovan McNabb and running back Brian Westbrook, who sat courtside for Monday night's NBA game between the Philadelphia 76ers and Miami Heat. Owens, sidelined with an ankle injury since Dec. 19, was all smiles while talking about a possible return for the Feb. 6 Super Bowl against the New England Patriots.

Eagles coach Andy Reid said earlier in the day that Owens has made great progress, and will try to run this week.

``I've been doing all my rehab in the pool,'' Owens said.

He was back on the sideline Sunday for the NFC title game, only this time he served as head cheerleader, flapping his arms, waving a towel and encouraging the crowd to make more noise. The Eagles advanced to the Super Bowl with a 27-10 victory over the Atlanta Falcons.

Owens jogged onto the field and pumped up the crowd during pregame introductions, and jumped around on the bench during the game.

``I enjoyed it,'' Owens said. ``If I could have been out there, I would have been out there. I just showed my support where I can.''

Read More...

but spiritually God is healing me

Over 100,000 people died in a natural disaster just recently, but a god is "healing" him so he can play football?

What a fucking arrogant asshole.

If there was a "god", he wouldn't give two shits about some twat and whether he plays a game or not.

I fucking hate it when athletes point at the sky after scoring in a game, or make dumb ass comments like this. They can shove their holier than thou attitudes up their asses where there heads currently reside.

You know its just sad when you look at some athletes today. Some of them are nothing but spoiled, overpaid, arrogant, attention needing, little babies. It's like they are trying to be actors or some crap. Sure there are a lot of great players out there that represent themselves and their sport in a positive way but it seems the controversial players get all the press.

I remember when I was young, I looked up to athletes as role models. Nowadays, do you really want your child seeing someone like Terrell Owens or Randy Moss gesturing or whatever on tv? I really hope kids nowadays take them with a grain of salt.

As far as Owens playing the super bowl I hope he gets waffled hard right away and put out of the game. Loser