Kingda Ka

sixflag.jpgSix Flags Makes History as it Completes the Tallest, Fastest Roller Coaster on Earth's 45-story Tower

Jackson, NJ - January 14, 2005 - Six Flags Great Adventure "topped off" (placed the apex, or top piece of steel track) the massive, 456-foot-tall tower of Kingda Ka - the tallest, fastest roller coaster on earth. An enormous crane, towering more than 500 feet in the air, hoisted the final piece of steel track into place, completing the record-breaking roller coaster tower yesterday.

Kingda Ka's tower stands 151 feet taller than the Statue of Liberty and dwarfs London's Big Ben.

Kingda Ka will shatter existing world records for speed and height, launching from 0 to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds, and reaching a maximum height of 456 feet. It is the cornerstone of the new Golden Kingdom, an 11-acre mythical jungle also featuring the Temple of the Tiger show and exhibit; Balin's Jungleland, an elaborate, new children's area; plus a plethora of exotic creatures, and new shopping and dining facilities.

Source

Take your virtual ride here (copy and paste): mms://streams.sixflags.com/KingDaka

Edited by method77

ok how much bigger can they get.. i can barely ride the millineum force without pooping my pants.

sweet youve been to cedar point? millenium force was a blast, i remeber last year i waited in line for 2 hours for top thrill dragster just to find out that it was broke down...

ya i live in michigan so we go once a year in october so the lines are dead but the dragster was still like 2 hours so i decided to pass. but ya the force is kick ass i sucks waiting cuz u keep lookin at it going what a dumbass i am for even thinking about riding it but its fun as hell.

hell yah i live in wisoconsin and we go to ohio once a year to visit my relatievs in lune or july so the lines are always long... i hope i get on the dragster this year but it always sems that the longest line is for the mantis.

this is enough to make me wish i knew about this last week when i was there. i LOVE rollercoasters, the faster and higher, the better (but y'all already knew that) :lol:

oooh, look everybody! redneck's afraid of yankee contamination! y'better watch out, dude. :lol:

oooh, look everybody! redneck's afraid of yankee contamination! y'better watch out, dude. :lol:

absolutely!!! :lol:

Remember the Bugs Bunny cartoon episode where Bugs is standing on the north side of the Mason Dixon line and Yosemity Sam is on the south side. The line was painted black right across the countryside so it was plainly marked. Yosemity accidently stepped on the north side, jumped back and said, "I'm gonna have to burn my boots cause they touched Yankee soil."

I know how he feels. :bigsmile:

holy shit, i remember that cartoon (i can't believe i remember anything)! having said that, i always dug bugs bunny best and warner bros. cartoons were far superb to disney AFAIC.

Looks like fun but I'd have to travel to ride it and y'all know I don't travel. bigsmile.gif

Especially NORTH. eeewwwwwwww yankees.....

I don't think anyone will miss the smell of catfish and goat semen as they crap out their intestines and scramble their brains on the tallest and fastest roller coaster on earth.

Looks like fun but I'd have to travel to ride it and y'all know I don't travel. bigsmile.gif

Especially NORTH. eeewwwwwwww yankees.....

I don't think anyone will miss the smell of catfish and goat semen as they crap out their intestines and scramble their brains on the tallest and fastest roller coaster on earth.

That's why the front seat in any roller coaster is the most popular. :)

i'm still waiting for them to build a rollercoaster where one gets on w/a parachute and at some unknown point, you fly off to skydive down down DOWN. :lol:

yeah, i'll need a parachute as our second time skydiving has been way long overdue and we can't wait. :)

• 10 months later...

Six Flags does it again...

...TATSU...The Tallest, Fastest, Longest Flying Beast on Planet Earth!

VALENCIA, CA. - Marking the renown Thrill Park's 35th anniversary, Six Flags Magic Mountain announces another monster addition to its supreme coaster dynasty with TATSU, a "flying beast" to soar into the record books as the tallest, fastest and longest flying coaster on Planet Earth! This new species of fear is slated for a Spring 2006 invasion.

"Six Flags is known world-wide as the industry leader in next generation thrills. And, bar none, Six Flags Magic Mountain leads the pack always adding the biggest and the best," stated Del Holland, vice president and general manager of Six Flags California. "There's no better way to commemorate the Park's 35th anniversary than to continue to live up to our reputation - give our guests a stunning one-of-a-kind ride experience only Six Flags can deliver!"

Reaching far beyond traditional thrills, this one-of-a-kind flying beast will take the coaster riding experience to the next generation. Fearless riders will brave a never-been-done-before completely integrated flight pattern - up, down, over and through -- the Park's distinct mountainous terrain with nothing but the sky above and the ground below in a unique "horizontal to earth" flying position.

Read entire story here.

Check out the "B-roll" video.