Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware 1.0.501 Beta 1

method77

Why wouldn't I download it? Giant anti-spyware was great. If this is where the expertise has gone, then this is the place to get it.

that`s right mate..nothing ventured..nothing gained..fuck it..i`ll give it a go.... :lol:

seems ok...ran it and found some shit that ad aware and spybot had missed...there`s an auto - update feature that could be a problem, but that can be unchecked, and some " realtime checkpoints "......and, apart from the fact that it runs out in 205 days (no surprises there billy - boy) and i wouldn`t be using it if i had to buy it....but....hey...so far so good.... :lol:

Edited by kiwibank

It does work and its a complete program :lol: :D :D

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...en&Hash=5BMW635

real complete so not after all buy a part of it :read this: :read this:

and its FREE :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Edited by DUTCH-ONLINE

MS released their first anti-spyware software after bying Giant, an anti-spyware company. I don't think any of you will try this but here it is.

MS anti-spyware homepage

:lol:

not much on this world is Free :lol::lol: but this is Free

• 1 month later...

Gates Touts Free Antispyware, IE 7

Updated browser will offer extra security features, company says.

Microsoft by midyear plans to release a test version of a new Internet Explorer browser that better protects users from scams and malicious code while surfing the Web, the company announced Tuesday.

Additionally, responding to a surge over the past year in online scams involving spyware, Microsoft has decided not to charge for its antispyware product, Chairman and Chief Software Architect Bill Gates said in a keynote address at the RSA Conference 2005 in San Francisco.

"We have looked hard at the nature of this problem and have made the decision that this antispyware product will be available at no additional cost to Windows users," Gates said. "I am very excited that we have this technology and it really addresses a burning need for our users."

Read entire story here.