Worst Songs of the Eighties

DudeAsInCool

Wait a second. I missed the fact that this is a "bash the entire 80's" thread. Yeah, like the 70's was a reaaaal proud decade. Come on now. Donnie and Marie, ABBA, Leif Garret, or however you spell it. The partridge family. The 70's was just as full of cheesy shit as the 80's. Luckily, hardly any of it has survived.

i agree..some great music came out of the 70`s and early 80`s..some of my favourite english and american and european rock bands and artists were putting out their finest stuff at that time and were at their peak...... examples..

dokken

cure

wishbone ash

mott the hoople

michael schenker group

cheap trick

van halen

hawkwind

lynch mob

jethro tull

rory gallagher

UFO

johnny winters.....to name but a few...

the list is endless........ :)

post-37-1116324706.jpg

The 70's was just as full of cheesy shit as the 80's.  Luckily, hardly any of it has survived.

luckily i hardly remember any of it :lol:

would /what/ be due to youth? (knowing me it's prolly the drugs) :)

i have this vague-ass memory of things like over-the-knee platform boots that mick jagger wore so of course, my BF and i had to get the same thing...oh wait, that was the 70s. fuck it. :lol:

• 5 months later...
Hey I have to interject here. I love the 80's. It was part of my child hood.  For me there were a lot of unique things that came about during the 80's. The crazy hair, the jelly braclets that had no other implied meaning except friendship. The crazy outfits that looked like dresses but had shorts underneath. Man how I loved to crimp my hair. I just thought that was the coolest thing.  The cartoons were even better than what my little sister watches now. It seems now that people don't really want to go all out and try things anymore.  But thats just IMO.

and thats why you are a GY fan (jokez~lol)

Edited by the70mphshit

• 4 months later...

The 80's was the music I listened to growing up. Many of these songs mention at the time were great! Now since I'm older and looking back, I can realize just how bad some of the songs were. :o But listening to what is played now on the radio, makes me want to go back to the 80's or just listen to country music. ;)

• 5 months later...

I can't believe the 80's get such a bad rap. I love them, it's when I was growing up, & I can identify moments in time with the music. By the way, Devo-Whip it?? A dam classic!!! I'll be posting the video soon :D

The worst song out of the 80's??? Trio- Da da da ( what a piece of feces!!!)

Edited by Sir Droopy

Beat It - Micheal Jackson (yes, yes! a beating IS required here)

The Stroke - Billy Squier (rather have one than listen to this CRAP)

Jump - Van Halen (Jump, yes, off a bridge!)

Like A Rock - Bob Segar (tie me to one and throw me overboard, please)

Bed's Are Burning - Midnight Oil (set me on fire, kerosene!)

Your Kiss Is On My List - Hall & Oates ( :sick02: )

Easy Lover - Phil Collins ( :rocket: )

All Out Of Love - Air Supply (as in, cut their's off, please?)

There are more, certainly. And some have already been mentioned. But these are among the most offensively crappy songs ever to be play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, back in the day when I was trapped working in a supermarket and forced to the radio over the PA, playing this crap over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

And why I still don't listen to commercial radio. Songs like those, combined with some idiot screaming about what I should buy over even worse music, and then some moronic DJ "personality" spewing nonsense before returning to the steady rotation of the aforementioned list of CRAP.

I'd rather jump in the nearest dumpster and slit my wrists.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i agree..some great music came out of the 70`s and early 80`s..some of my favourite english and american and european rock bands and artists were putting out their finest stuff at that time and were at their peak...... examples..

dokken

cure

wishbone ash

mott the hoople

michael schenker group

cheap trick

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...