sad day

method77

It's tough to lose a pet that you love. We had a dog who had a terrible stroke one morning, and when I got him to the veterinarian I was told that there was nothing they could do to help him get better. The decision was mine whether to let him live in such distress or have him put mercifully to sleep. I had to choose the latter, and I felt horrible about it for weeks. But my wife came home one day with a tiny Jack Russell puppy about the size of my hand, and he made much of the pain go away. We've had Elvis over four years now, and he's just like a child for us.

Bottom line is that it's best to find another pet to help you get over the loss of Ricky.

:( That's really too bad method.... sorry to hear you've lost a pet.

You get so attached to them. I bawled my eyes out when my last dog died.

I'm sure that Ricky's vibrations are still around you. A dedication:

Good Vibrations

THE BEACH BOYS

Written by: Brian Wilson, Mike Love

Produced by: Wilson

Released: Oct. '66 on Capitol

Charts: 14 weeks

Top spot: No. 1

It scared me, the word 'vibrations,' " Brian Wilson once said, remembering how, when he was a boy, his mother, Audree, tried to explain why dogs barked at some people and not others. "A dog would pick up vibrations from these people that you can't see but you can feel. And the same thing happened with people." "Good Vibrations," Wilson's crowning achievement as a songwriter and producer, harnessed that energy and turned it into eternal sunshine. "This is a very spiritual song," he said after its release, "and I want it to give off good vibrations.

damn dude im so sorry to hear that I choke up when i hear about pets and stuff dieing. I love animals. I remember when i was driving with my mom once like last summer and this dog just came out of no where and i ran it over and it died right there i cried for the rest of the day.

sorry to hear about this

Too bad about your dog. Do you have another? I like dogs. and cats. and.....

I have a cat, a several kinds of chicken. My house used to be Noah's Ark but I have no time for that at the moment. Perhaps I will start again in the future

The neighborhood cats always come here for food too and I'm sure they will miss Ricky too. I remember when Ricky first came here. He tried to chase them away but we all know cats are 1000% smarter and faster. He gave up after a while and he was just sitting there with cats around him

When my son was small we had several cats and a dog. The dog chased stray cats but never bothered ours. If we got another cat the dog would learn within minutes that the cat was staying and would not bother it. They would eat together and sleep in a pile. I liked that dog. She was solid white with a spot of black around her eyes. It looked like she was wearing a mask. We named her "bandit". After a while we started calling her "bandit, the wonder dog". She was cool but sure did some stupid stuff. She attacked a skunk...once. Even as dumb as she was she figured that out. :lol:

Really sorry, man. We lost our two dogs last year. It was hard, but they lived long and had a good life. We got 2 new dogs, same breeds, a Corgi and a Brittany. They are loved and will hopefully live long happy lives too. We have gone through several generations of dogs and the loss of an old dog is tempered by the arrival of yer new friend. But I feel like ya always lose a little something of yerself when they go.

Edited by rastaX