Carrying on the site.

Shawn

What direction should the site take?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What direction should the site take?

• Yoda/Dude/Rainbow/Cheap run as a team
    • Somebody run it alone (specify)
    • Let it die

Team effort sounds good--but if a Queen came along, and she was hot, I might switch allegiances :)

I think in the best of all worlds, beatking could write a few paragraphs on the direction he wanted to go, and then we beatles can fulfill the agenda, and magnify from there.

There's something about this site that radiates mellow and fun and inclusiveness. I'd like to see us maintain that, while providing a balance between old wave and new wave, and everything in between.

As we get more members, we can assign experts to the various music genres. I'm sure others will want to join in the effort.

Yes I think we work as a team.. but I will volunteer to pay ALL hosting cost and any other cost/problems with the site.

Although that's pretty generous Yoda, I'd feel better if you would see fit to let me pay half. It's not so much that it's a big deal, but it's the principle.

:P

I thought we should put together a list of tasks, and then see how they be divided up. Here's a start:

Articles (Music, Technology, other)

Site Layout (e.g. keeping focused)

Engineering and Technical

Moderators for Forums

Free, Legal Music Downloads

Although that's pretty generous Yoda, I'd feel better if you would see fit to let me pay half. It's not so much that it's a big deal, but it's the principle.

:P

Ok sounds good to me :)

but I think it would be easier if I pay the host full (Sense I pay him for my site) and if you want you can pay me whatever is half.

Thanks

Fair enough Yoda.

I'm not really worried about that dudeasincool. If we all have the same abilities, we can each contribute to each part of the site.

I'm not really worried about that dudeasincool. If we all have the same abilities, we can each contribute to each part of the site. (quote)

ok, but I must confess a certain head injury in my youth, that makes me a little SLOW at times, particularly when its comes to engineering. duh... :)

Then you can be the bitch and when we are frustrated we just beat the hell out of you... :P j/p this could be some fun if we work together. Maybe we can get enough donations and $$ and upgrade to vBulletin

id still like to hear what the vision was from the king. beyond just posting, does anyone have any new ideas for the site?

ps which of us bitches were you referring to? :unsure:

YOU!! :)

I think if I am able to start making money from my "job" we can upgrade to vBulletin forums without losing any members or post. I believe there is converters that can change it. That would be sweet.

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

I'm not taking a shot at another board by saying this but here are the stats from the fourth contact:

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 679 posts

We have 24 registered members

The newest member is vmatrox

Most users ever online was 6 on Jun 23 2003, 10:30 PM

And now us...

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 494 posts

We have 24 registered members

The newest member is salespro47

Most users ever online was 11 on Nov 19 2003, 05:50 PMToday's active topics

I'll add that this site has been around for just under a month.... :)

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Congratulations to Yoda, Cheapprick, RainbowDemon, and DudeAsInCool. The website dubbed "BeatKing.com" is now yours. You four have been unanimously voted to carry on the site together. I have made you guys admins and have already re-ordered the forums. If you see something odd or in the wrong place, move it to a better spot. I'm not in the right state to do that right now. I'm drunk and have been doing this for the past 1 1/2 hours. But now I'm finally done re-arranging this place!

Yoda, get Mako to contact me so I can transfer the details over about the billing. You guys let me know how you want me to change the WHOIS info for the website as well and once you all agree, I will change it and send each of you four the information needed to access the site if you ever need to change DNS and crap. All that crap will come slowly but surely. But be happy that you four now run the site as a team. I expect you four to do big things! This place is community driven and it will continue to be so listen to your members and do this place proud! I'll be back every now and then to post and check up on how this place is doing but for now, I have more important things to cover.

Good luck all!

.::BF::. -- I will stop by a lot and say what's up!