'Twilight' Star Peter Facinelli Shows Off His Geeky Side With New Comic Book Series

NelsonG

[i]By Craig Flaster[/i]

Peter Facinelli became a young adult heartthrob with his role as Carlisle Cullen in "The Twilight Saga," but now is adding an unexpected twist to his resume: comic book writer.

"I can't believe that I actually have a comic book that I created out there now," said Facinelli about his comic, "Protocol: Orphans."

[url="""][img]http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:981323?width=512&height=288[/img][/url]The series follows the exploits of orphans who have been taken by the government and trained as part of a special program to have superhuman-like abilities.

Facinelli's love affair with comic books began at an early age, as he followed the adventures of a fellow Peter: Peter Parker. "I grew up reading "Spider-Man," he said. "He was from Queens, I was from Queens. His name's Peter, my name's Peter....we had a lot of similarities."

Comic books aren't the only medium Facinelli sees for his teenage heroes, however. If all goes according to plan, he'd like to see the story make its way to TV and maybe even the movies. If so, he has a character in mind he might like to play.

"The leader of these kids....they have like a father figure, they actually call Dad," says Facinelli, no stranger to playing a father figure coming off his role as Edward's dad in 'The Twilight Saga.' "That character I could play, if it goes to a series or a movie."

[img]http://moviesblog.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/movies/2013/11/Screen-shot-2013-11-21-at-1.21.39-PM.png[/img]

He's also a big "Thor" fan, which should come as no surprise since he's dating Jaimie Alexander, one of the stars of the film. Alexander has also been rumored to be in the running to play Wonder Woman in the new DC movie universe, which Facinelli totally supports.

"I think she'd be fantastic," he says about Alexander. "Sometimes you get girls in there who fake the fights, but she's tough, she can hang in there. Sexy and tough, that's Wonder Woman."

But even as a comic book writer with a girlfriend who might become a staple of comic book movies, Facinelli can't totally leave his years as a "Twilight" star behind. And he has some ideas of how to celebrate the fifth anniversary with our own Josh Horowitz.

"I'll put my Carlisle pajamas on, you can put your Bella pajamas on, and we'll eat popcorn and watch all five movies.

[i]Can't wait to read Facinelli's comic book? Luckily, you don't have to, as "Protocol: Orphans" is out now.[/i]

[url=http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2013/11/21/twilight-star-peter-facinelli-shows-off-his-geeky-side-with-new-comic-book-series/]View the full article[/url]