Shania Twain - Greatest Hits

Shawn

shania_twain_greatest_hits.jpg Editorial review from Amazon.com:

"Shania Twain--reclusive, happily married, mother of one--has sold more than 40 million albums with flirty, hook-laden, beat-heavy, country-tinged pop that has all the subtlety of a musical wet T-shirt contest, yet is as irresistible as Swiss chocolate and Pringles. There are a few heartfelt, moon-in-June love ballads on this generous and long-awaited 20-song collection, which includes three new songs along with all the predictable chart-toppers and near-chart-toppers. But it's the mostly non-stop, uptempo booty-shakers--too often with garish overproduction and vapid lyrics--that, for the unconverted, tend to run together after a while. No doubt, this relentlessly upbeat retrospective will keep Twain's millions of fans jumping up and down on their sofas. --Bob Allen "

Tracks:

1. Forever and For Always

2. I'm Gonna Getcha Good

3. UP!

4. Come On Over

5. Man! I Feel Like A Woman!

6. That Don't Impress Me Much

7. From This Moment

8. Honey, I'm Home

9. You're Still The One

10. Don't Be Stupid

11. Love Gets Me Every Time

12. No One Needs To Know

13. You Win My Love

14. I'm Outta Here

15. The Woman In Me

16. Any Man Of Mine

17. Whose Bed Have Your Boots

18. Party for Two' (with Mark McGrath)

19. Don't!

20. Party for Two (with Billy Currington)

Get it

While I'm not a big fan she has been extremely successful, and if Toby Keith can have a greatest hits then so can she.

• 5 months later...

she (shania twain) is married to well-known english rock/metal producer robert " mutt " lange...he produced def leppard, ac/dc, queen, back street boys and the cars amongst others....shania and mutt lange have just purchased 2 (two) large high country farms in the south island of new zealand....she (twain) said in an interview in the nz media that living in america was becoming too " dangerous "......and she wanted somewhere safe and isolated to live when she retired from the music business....keep buying her records folks...her and robert love new zealand and are busy kicking locals off their land as they build their hideaway with your hard earned us dollars.......new zealanders weren`t very impressed and didn`t agree with her being able to purchase such a large amount of local land...it caused an uproar down here..... :)

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Backs.../7114/stw1.html

post-8-1114498686.jpg

• 1 month later...

I still like Shania and always will. I rate her with Elvis, Beatles & ABBA, and that is high. She turns 40 in August and may never have another hit. Who knows? She is taken care of financially so she has nothing to worry about in that area. I like the 3 new songs that are on the Greatest Hits: Party For Two, Don't & I Ain't No Quitter. I hope there is a compilation of her videos from the last couple of years. I will grab it up as soon as it hits the stores. I saw Shania in concert twice. She is the greatest!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aw cut her some slack guys. Have you heard her story pre-frame? Her parents died in a car accident leaving her to care for her younger brothers and sisters. They weren't rich and if I had the amount of money she has I'd probably buy my own island hideaway.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...