Al Jourgensen Wraps Up Ministry, Gets Ready For Life as a Superhero

Lord_of_the_Dense

"I hate spiders and flies!” exclaimed misanthropic industrial music pioneer, producer, and storyteller extraordinaire from the confines of his home in El Paso, Texas, just blocks from the borders of New Mexico and Mexico. The main house and studio at Camp Jourgensen are sturdy, tidy and devoid of spiders and most other insects. But recently the place has been swarming with more flies than a Louisiana slaughterhouse in mid-summer.

"You'd think we had dead bodies buried under the floorboard or something," Jourgensen joked. "Jesse, my assistant who works at my label 13th Planet Records, just built me a fly swatter that looks like a tennis racket. I killed 32 f***ing flies today. It made for a really weird interview with a guy in Finland. First of all, I can't understand what he's saying most of the time because his accent was so heavy. And second of all, every few minutes: [i]THWACK! THWACK! THWACK![/i] The guy must have thought I was completely insane. And if he read my book, he knows I’m completely insane!"

The book, [i]Ministry: The Lost Gospels According to Al Jourgensen[/i], tells the wild, outrageous story of Jourgensen’s nearly 33-year rollercoaster ride through the music industry, during which he survived over a decade of habitual drug abuse that included heroin, cocaine, crack, methadone, speed, acid, MDA, and copious quantities of alcohol. His misadventures included three near-death experiences. Two involved heroin overdoses, then about two years ago he nearly died from ruptured ulcers.

Read complete story [url="http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/al-jourgensen-wraps-ministry-gets-ready-life-superhero-191745332.html"]here[/url].