What's the problem?

Shawn

Our front page is filled with stories of talented rappers in jail, heading to jail, fearing jail, etc.

What's the deal? Are they playing the role to the extent that they are forced into these situations? Or are they so encapsulated by the extreme living conditions of their youth and life that they can never really escape it?

As somebody without 2 nickles to rub together much of the time, I am forced to wonder about these guys with so much potential but can't seem to get their shite straight.

Just because they have a "talent" and/or lots of money doesn't mean it should come as a suprise to people when they find out they're violent douchbags. Money and talent don't always shape the nature of humans. The majoirty of the time, it doesn't.

Now, as for cause.....

I'm willing to bet it's what they grew up in; part of their mindset.

They're typical street thugs.

Just my guess.

with so much potential
are we listening to the same thing? I must listed closely to these wannabe gangsters.

They suck. They have absolutely no talent (most of them) and they know violence sells. I really miss the NWA. They did it cause they just wanted to. They had a lot of talent too

The only reason I didn't post similar sentiments Method is because I found "talent" to be rather subjective.

I just took it all at face value, and stated my opinion about their nature and it's cause.

Even if you took DMX as the only example, even people that don't care for the music must see that he's had two wildly successful acting roles and would have more in the future.

Not really. Subjectivity works in reverse too.

Hard to dispute that both movies did reasonably. :P

Im watching MSNBC, and Russell Simmons, who has two new tv shows mentioned on our front page, is in Boston pushing a Hip Hip get out the vote drive. While there were a sprinking of Republicans in the youth crowd assembled, what's noticeable is that the rap crowd was a melting pot of young people from all income and ethnic stratas. Simmons countered the image of Hip Hop, saying it was a message of reality and hope...

Hard to dispute that both movies did reasonably.

Profit and numbers are irrelevant.

One could argue there is an over abundance of complete morons who love something that sucks.

It's sheer perspective.

:D Argumenative @#^@$*@#@

I'm saying the guy had a lot of opportunities ahead of him due to his talents. Whether or not you/me/dog named boo find him talented doesn't even matter. He had opportunities opened to him that neither of us have or may never have.

I agree with Shawn.

He is talented and successful and to throw all that away and go to jail is shit.

he has had five or six albums that have done well, and because of this he has had several film roles.

But then everyone is entiteled to their opinion.

(its just not always right :bigsmile: )

Boo: "Excuse me!"

that's one fierce looking pussy cat.... did it get that gait from too much riding the range? yeehaaaa!