900m Internet Explorer users vulnerable to data-stealing hack

KiwiCoromandel

Microsoft has warned that the 900 million users of its Internet Explorer browser are at risk of having their computers hijacked and their personal information stolen by hackers.

The company has yet to develop a permanent fix for the security hole but users are being told to apply a temporary fix that prevents hackers from exploiting a hole to install malicious scripts. Users could be targeted simply by visiting an infected website.

more [url="http://www.smh.com.au/technology/security/900m-internet-explorer-users-vulnerable-to-datastealing-hack-20110201-1abmd.html"]here[/url]

[quote name='Redneck4sure' date='01 February 2011 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1296527695' post='192484']
Microsoft users are vulnerable to any and every attack known to man up to and including an attack from one-legged midget Martians armed with desalinated seaweed cooked in snail snot.
[/quote]

what os are you running at the moment mate?

[quote name='KiwiCoromandel' date='31 January 2011 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1296528148' post='192485']
what os are you running at the moment mate?
[/quote]

Let's just say I'm not just vulnerable, my ass is hanging out. :lol:

XP Pro Pirated Edition and Explorer. I have not been able to get BK to run on Mozilla but I haven't tried lately. Maybe I need to check into that again. I use Mozilla for all other blogs/sites.

How 'bout you?

[quote name='Redneck4sure' date='01 February 2011 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1296528984' post='192487']
Let's just say I'm not just vulnerable, my ass is hanging out. :lol:

XP Pro Pirated Edition and Explorer. I have not been able to get BK to run on Mozilla but I haven't tried lately. Maybe I need to check into that again. I use Mozilla for all other blogs/sites.

How 'bout you?
[/quote]

windows 7 ultimate os on my pc...windows 7 on my youngest daughters laptop (she`s majoring in IT and they`re running all windows 7 at her college)...xp pro sp3 on my wifes desktop pc

i still like to use XP every now and then though...

google chrome browser

My son runs windows 7 and Opera I think. He may use Chrome. I know he doesn't use explorer or firefox. He is a computer science major on a lifetime degree plan. He says to stay away from a Mac. He claims that Macs are only suitable for use by liberals and other inferior people that are short on I.Q. points. Mac users also have dubious musical taste according to studies I have read. Some of them drive a Mercedes but all of them are butt ugly. Definitely not the type of OS that we would want.

The newest Opera is great...

FYI, since Mac's are starting to get more popular as time goes on, more viruses are beginning to be written for it. Some reputable security companies like ESET (NOD32) have already brought out versions of their software for the Mac... Mac is safeR for now... in time my friends.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Redneck4sure' date='01 February 2011 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1296536882' post='192492']
My son runs windows 7 and Opera I think. He may use Chrome. I know he doesn't use explorer or firefox. He is a computer science major on a lifetime degree plan. He says to stay away from a Mac. He claims that Macs are only suitable for use by liberals and other inferior people that are short on I.Q. points. Mac users also have dubious musical taste according to studies I have read. Some of them drive a Mercedes but all of them are butt ugly. Definitely not the type of OS that we would want.
[/quote]

i understand that unreconstucted #1 spammers have a weakness for Mac as well... :lol: