Scott Storch's Collapse

Link

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- Just a few years ago, Scott Storch was one of the top producers in pop music, living in a $10.5 million mansion on an exclusive Miami island, driving a phalanx of luxury cars and dating the likes of Paris Hilton and Lil Kim.

Nowadays, Scott Storch, 34, is missing in action. He owes over $500,000 in real estate taxes and had a warrant out for his arrest when he failed to show up in court in a child-support case last month. He has not had a top 10 hit in three years. He still has his waterfront marble mansion, but his lawyer, Guy Spiegelman, says Storch is attempting to refinance it after a "catastrophic occurrence this year" resulting from "mismanagement." Storch no longer works with his old manager or publicist. He hasn't talked to either of his children in months.

This is so typical. A few years ago I called it when I saw him in a magazine after buying his million dollar house in Florida. It's a shame too because he could make good tracks when he put his mind to it and not repeat his other melodies and themes. Real shame. Maybe he'll grow up and make a comeback in a few years with a new style.

I also knew this guy was a kook when he threatened to kill himself if Lil Kim didn't marry him.

Edited by riseofthevalk

I'd like for him to make a comeback. He's still a good producer, despite being totally stupid out of the studio.

You can never count anyone out in the entertainment industry. All it takes is one hit, and then all the doors open up again.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Piano Man has had some good production simply go unnoticed. I've heard some of his tracks for some up-and-coming artists and they're mainstream radio ready... I guess the labels just aren't pushing him or his music.

He might've just pissed off some label exec...