Christina Aguilera Salutes Lady Gaga For Speaking Out About Working With R. Kelly

Amber

Lady Gaga shared an apology earlier this week, explaining how sorry she was for ever working with R. Kelly amid the viral attention Lifetime's Surviving R. Kelly documentary has received. 

"As a victim of sexual assault myself, I made both the song and the video at a dark time in my life, my intention was to create something extremely defiant and provocative because I was angry and still hadn’t processed the trauma that had occurred in my own life," she wrote. "The song is called 'Do What U Want (With My Body),' I think it’s clear how explicitly twisted my thinking was at the time."

Her public statement has sparked Christina Aguilera to share some words of her own, praising Lady Gaga for doing what's right. The two collaborated on a version of "Do What U Want" that's available on streaming services and apparently has re-entered the charts. 

"Cool to see the version of this song I did with @ladygaga on the charts again — this is a reminder of women sticking together— and not letting a man take ownership of a great song/ moment... And if anything the message of this song remains that although you may have had my body, you will never have my heart, my voice my life or my mind," she wrote. 

"Being a survivor of past predators myself, these lines spoke to me, which is why I did the song. I embrace all survivors of sexual and domestic violence and abuse holding a special place in my heart, and you @ladygaga, for doing the right thing!"

2nv5JP_sxdQ

View the full article